Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Barony Street Glasgow
Aussiegirl
post 7th Jan 2017, 12:15am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 36,191
Barony Street Glasglow was the last address my Dad lived at before he left with his Mum ,brothers and sisters for Melbourne Australia.My Dad was James Kelly(passed away in 2012).He left in 1950 on a ship called the Comeronia and arrived in Melbourne 1/11/1950.His father James Kelly Snr who left earlier that year on the same ship meet them at Port Melbourne.Dad was 15 when he left Scotland but never talked much about his childhood.It must have been hard growing up during the war,a large family and a father who had a gambling problem He was one of 13 his Mum had more children in Australia I wondering does anyone remember the Kelly family or my dad?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lianmy
post 4th Mar 2017, 02:57am
Post #2

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 103
Hi Aussiegirl I was just looking at my Grandparents wedding certificate they were married in 1916 one of the witnesses was a James Kelly. My Grandparents lived in Glebe St the next street to Barony St. The female witness was a Mary Richmond. I wonder if this was your Grandad? I live in Melbourne

+Quote Post
lianmy
post 4th Mar 2017, 03:01am
Post #3

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 103
It doesn't give an address for James Kelly but states he was a labourer's Engineer.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 12th Apr 2017, 09:22pm
Post #4

QUOTE (Aussiegirl @ 7th Jan 2017, 12:15am) *
Barony Street Glasglow was the last address my Dad lived at before he left with his Mum ,brothers and sisters for Melbourne Australia.My Dad was James Kelly(passed away in 2012).He left in 1950 on a ship called the Comeronia and arrived in Melbourne 1/11/1950.His father James Kelly Snr who left earlier that year on the same ship meet them at Port Melbourne.Dad was 15 when he left Scotland but never talked much about his childhood.It must have been hard growing up during the war,a large family and a father who had a gambling problem He was one of 13 his Mum had more children in Australia I wondering does anyone remember the Kelly family or my dad?

The RMS Cameronia left Glasgow, bound for Melbourne on November 1949. As the voyage was up to and over 6 weeks she would have arrive in 1950.
There were some 500 Scots came on that voyage and passenger lists are possibly available.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.