Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Missing Mccarrol Family Members, Missing Friends and Family
wjames1
post 18th Dec 2016, 12:11am
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 12,212
My Aunt and Uncle were Annie and Robert McCarrol, they married in Rutherglen 30 Sep 1932 at 39 Cathcart Street. Her maiden name was Ann John Wilson Smith. She was my father's sister.

They had three children born in Rutherglen, my first cousins: James McCarrol b. 1933, married Joan Allen there in 1957; Martha Samson S. 'Matti' McCarrol b. 1937, married William Reid there also in 1957; John Brash S. McCarrol b. 1943, married Mary Dawson MacShields in 1969.

Aunt Annie died in 1974, Uncle Bert in 1980.

My father, William Winning Smith, was separated from the family at an early age when his mother died from stomach cancer when he was six months old. The family members essentially lost contact.

If anyone knows of any of these people, or of their children etc. I would be pleased to hear any information allowing me to make contact with my lost family members.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*jan robertson*
post 27th Jan 2017, 07:15pm
Post #2

Hello there, I am quite, quite sure that the RUTHERGLEN webiste of FACEBOOK will find you your lost family in Rutherglen as it is a very community based town/Burgh. I am a member but you will need to go on FACEBOOK and tyoe in Ruthergle - make sure it isn't Ruthergln Australia as there is a Ru'glen in Oz.
You could also type in on Google: Rutherglen and it should take you to the website - not the .com as that's the Oz site.
I compile the Ruglen calendar and I know Ru'glen quite well now and know many elderly/young know a LOT about their past - very closely knit community.
You should also be able to find connections at the HERITAGE CENTRE upstairs in the Ru'glen Library.

There is a local radio station there - CAMGLEN so they could announce your request for information.
Good luck! Jan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.