Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Search For My Lost Family Continues, Smith Family from Possilpark
outoftowner
post 17th Nov 2016, 10:30am
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 5,707
Hi There,
I am trying to trace 2 lost Uncles of my father. One was Robert Smith (wife Agnes) (Nee Duffy){children = Robert (6) and Martha (2)} The last record was that they lived in 87 Barloch Street at the time of the 1911 census. Possibly Robert Senior died in 1959. There is also a William Smith with no address at the 1911 census and was probably a soldier serving with 2nd Battalion A&SH. BTW the original spelling of the Surname was "Smyth" Thank you in advance to anyone who may know of any connections
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wjames1
post 18th Nov 2016, 03:36pm
Post #2

Visitor
Member No.: 12,212
Hi,

Not sure whether my connection may be the same as yours (I cannot find your Robert Smith in the 1911 census), however, my great uncle was Robert Martin Smith, born Shettleston in Jan 1889 to Charles Smith and his wife Isabella Watson Brash Smith; he had a twin sister, Christina; his wife's name was Agnes, but I do not have her surname, nor the date/place of the marriage.

I have him in Shettleston in 1901 and lose track until I find he and his wife died in South Africa in 1959 and 1966, respectively.

If this information sounds interesting, please get back to me.

Thanks.

James Scott

+Quote Post
outoftowner
post 18th Nov 2016, 05:06pm
Post #3

Visitor
Thank you for your reply Mr Scott,
It seems that Robert Smith married Annie Duffy and not Agnes and are in the 1911 census. I have no RSA or Shettleston connections as far as I'm aware. Good luck to you in your research. Regards, Bill Smyth

+Quote Post
outoftowner
post 28th Nov 2016, 11:36am
Post #4

Visitor
I'm afraid I have to publish a correction to my original post in that Robert Smith (Senior) was married to Annie Duffy and not Agnes Duffy.

+Quote Post
outoftowner
post 7th Dec 2016, 04:51pm
Post #5

Visitor
I've reached the stage now where I'm hoping that someone may have heard of (or even have known) any persons in Possilpark until recent times called one of the following (all Smith surname):- Annie , Martha, Robert (senior or junior) irrespective of age. William Smith I've almost given up on!!!

+Quote Post
outoftowner
post 2nd Jan 2017, 10:55am
Post #6

Visitor
Thank You and Happy New Year to everyone especially to those who have read my family research questions. I hope that in 2017 I'll discover more about my lost relatives from Possilpark.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.