Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trying To Find Possilpark Friends, Anyone know the Murrays?
Rating 3 V
flam
post 10th Feb 2009, 11:15pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Hi Rainmaker It is probable that your Nan was my Auntie Lizzie,she was my Da,s sister.are you one of the family names that I mentioned...Cheers Flim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rainmaker_38
post 11th Feb 2009, 09:55pm
Post #32

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,518
Yes Flam i guess so, i am related to the family mentioned, i am one of lizzie;s grand kids

+Quote Post
flam
post 11th Feb 2009, 11:34pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Rainmaker38 If you look through the posts of Glasgow Districts, you will see quite a few posts of people who stayed around that area (Possilpark) you will find my name in some of the posts,also welcome to the board,are you one of Big John Blairs sons Cheers Flim

+Quote Post
valleyboy38
post 12th Feb 2009, 12:52pm
Post #34

Lord Provost
Member No.: 219
did the john blair mentioned ever play junior fitba ?

+Quote Post
rainmaker_38
post 12th Feb 2009, 07:55pm
Post #35

Unpacking
Yes he did play junior football and by all accounts he was very good, Flam do you still see any of the family around?

+Quote Post
flam
post 12th Feb 2009, 10:33pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Rainmaker I am presuming that the John Blair I am posting about is related to you,He stays in the Parkhouse area with is it Madge ? Cheers Flim

+Quote Post
valleyboy38
post 12th Feb 2009, 10:51pm
Post #37

Lord Provost
Member No.: 219
i [THINK] I know john if it is the same one he had cousins or brothers who came from the valley in maryhill a keen celtic fan i may be wrong

+Quote Post
flam
post 13th Feb 2009, 11:25am
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Valleyboy38..The John Blair I am talking about,his mother stayed in Stirrat St area , and had relations who stayed in the Wyndford area..Cheers Flim

+Quote Post
rainmaker_38
post 13th Feb 2009, 08:11pm
Post #39

Unpacking
Yes, if we are talking about the same man, we are related, do you still see them, if you see him, tell him Donald says hello.

That will suprise him.

Cheers Flam.

+Quote Post
flam
post 14th Feb 2009, 10:56pm
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Valleyboy I received a pm from you concerning John Blair,since I dont know how to send them back,I will pass on your message to him,I think he still goes to Celtic Park and I see him outside the pub in Keppochhill Rd, about 20 yards from where he was born,Hi Rainmaker38 I presume you must be named after your Grandfather Donald or his son Donnie, Buntyq thank you for sending me an PM concerning a photo of your old house in Auckland St,I tried to PM you but it would not allow me,it must have brought back nostalgic memories when the new residents in your old house let you do a wee recce,and seeing the old Air Raid Shelter at the bottom of the garden must have moved you Cheers Flim

+Quote Post
rainmaker_38
post 15th Feb 2009, 12:58pm
Post #41

Unpacking
Flam, i am indeed named after my Grand Father, i am John's oldest son, but have not been back to see the family in quite a while, lost touch you could say, but give him and any of the other family members you might see my best regards.

+Quote Post
elso
post 21st Feb 2009, 10:11pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,459
QUOTE (matt.63 @ 9th Feb 2007, 12:05pm) *
Hi i was born in Panmure st then moved to Allander st still remember the handy stores just across from our close worked in the saracen foundry after leaving school reading all these posts brings back such memories mellow.gif

+Quote Post
elso
post 21st Feb 2009, 10:37pm
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Matt, hows you, I lived in Sunnylaw St from 1955 till 1972, but also had family who lived in Allander St , their names were Dolan, they lived in 68, and the Millers stayed stayed faceing the 3 shops that you mensioned also the Doyles , their dad ( Willie ) used to run the pub The Jungle in Cowcaddens,his sons were called Billy n twins Davey n Robert, also the Millers had 2 kids Margo n Peter,unfortunelly Peter (a long time ago when he was a teenager)climbed the drain pipe and it came away from the wall and he was killed hitting his head of the wee wall in the back court! also the Connellys -Bridie,n dont remember her brothers name Sorry! If you remember any of that that then fell free to let me know, Please smile.gif

+Quote Post
elso
post 22nd Feb 2009, 11:43pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Lynn Skelton @ 21st May 2008, 09:18pm) *
I'm presuming you lived at 78 Sunnylaw St much later than the 1950's - I'm doing some family history and find the name of a Thomas Dale who registered his Mother's Death in 1950 living at the same address - it would be a miracle if you knew of him. But what a coincidence............

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 3rd Mar 2009, 01:30pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
elso, I think I was in the same class as the Peter Miller you mention at St Theresa's but my memory was that he was called Jimmy, I don't know if that was a nickname. I lived in Barloch St and remember him living opposite the shops in Allander St as you describe. If he is the same person the accident happened during the school holiday's around 1962. He was great at foolball and in the school team at St Augustine's, I remember everybody being shocked at what had happened.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.