Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Castlemilk Photos, Castlemilk from 1955 till 1971
stuarty
post 18th Mar 2008, 04:36pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
hi marina am sure we had o'kanes on tap flat ardencraig road 2 lassies and the old granda he looked like walter from hilder bakers pickle show

--------------------
gie me a wee minite
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robert Barber
post 10th Jun 2008, 12:44pm
Post #17

Unpacking
Member No.: 5,751
Hi colin i just found this site from my cousin i used to live on 3 glenacer st. from 1954 to 1960 and went to aussie land and came back in 64 and stayed in machera st with my gran and now live in canada just want know if you new peter brown or domnic galicher or the loves or the mccannsmy name is robert barber please will you contact me at bobnbo2@rogers.com thank you very much

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 7th Oct 2008, 04:19pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,109
Hiya I Lived In Tormusk Road Till 1978. Went To Braeside Primary School Then Glenwood....x

+Quote Post
**Danny**
post 25th Dec 2009, 03:36am
Post #19

Hi: Ilived on Glenacre drive from 1959-1969 when we left for Canada. I dont remember a lot about Castlemilk but I would appreciate any info people would like to share

I went to St.Bartholomews and our family name is Stevenson

+Quote Post
**taylor1966**
post 5th Mar 2010, 02:40am
Post #20

HI am stuart taylor i stay in Glenacer drive above the shops anyboby got any pic,s am 43 now i stay there from 1966 to 1998 i went to castleton primary then Glenwood .

+Quote Post
Garyt
post 3rd May 2010, 06:19pm
Post #21

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,374
Attached Image
Hi all lived in Machrie most my days pic taken from my house ps stuart Taylor i seen a good pic of Glenacre shops on myspace Castlemilk

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 5th May 2010, 02:50pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image
I came from the Tormusk Road end of Castlemilk doesnt seem to be many photos around of that end of Castlemilk.
I did find this one on a site its Tormusk Drive leading up to Scarrel.
Anyone got any old ones of the Tormusk end of Castlemilk?

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 17th May 2010, 08:16pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,212
hi all if you go to outdoors.webshots.com>citybhoy>albums you will find lots of photos of castlemilk cheers

+Quote Post
Garyt
post 24th May 2010, 09:10pm
Post #24

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,374
Attached Image
ToTaylor1966, hope you like this one ps I had family who stayed at 97 Glenacre drive the first close on the left after the Quad. they all went to castleton and glenwood, Alex,martin,drew Gemmil

+Quote Post
witshisname
post 25th May 2010, 04:00pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,055
Great Pic Garyt,My Granny used to live on Glenacre Drive in the early- mid 60's before moving down onto Castlemilk drive.I think she stayed at # 82 or 86.I also used to walk along Glenacre going home for lunch & then heading back to Castleton.

--------------------
If I don't see ye through the week,I'll see ye through the windae

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 4th Jun 2010, 10:02am
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
Would be brill to see you photos...

+Quote Post
isa
post 25th Jun 2010, 11:26pm
Post #27

Lord Provost
Member No.: 425
hya, i would have loved to go on that webshots website, but it wont let me for some reason, also any pics of castlemilk would be great to see again.

--------------------
gonnae throw us doon a piece Ma

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 26th Jun 2010, 09:08am
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
QUOTE (isa @ 26th Jun 2010, 12:43am) *
hya, i would have loved to go on that webshots website, but it wont let me for some reason, also any pics of castlemilk would be great to see again.

use this link isa

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/lofivers....php/t2595.html

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
*sarahjane paine*
post 28th Aug 2010, 09:13pm
Post #29

QUOTE (Colin Guy @ 11th Jan 2005, 02:51am) *
Hello.....I lived in Castlemilk from 1955 till 1971. I have a few good photies that would stir a few memories. I can't figure out how to upload them....so if someone will give me a wee bit of help I'll be glad to share them on this site. Also, before spending much time inputting words and pix it would probably be best to see if anyone else still visits these pages! Hello.

saturday 28th august 2010 hello......my name is sarah jane and my family came from castlemilk-the mitchells in birgidale road.unfortunately my grandfather hugh mitchell passed away in may,however,just wanted to say that he was very proud to call that his home as he lived there for over 40 years.my mum and her three sisters grew up there and they all attended st.margaret marys secondaey.I was born there in 1980, christened in st.margaret marys and spent the first few years of my life there.the people of my grandfathers generation where some of the loveliest most genuine group of people you are likely to meet.my grandfather put his own stamp on birgidale rd that will last forever and a pkace where I have some of the most happiest of my childhood memorie.thanks to my grandfather(and my mum) for making this so precious for me.hugh mitchell I miss you so much lots and lots and lots of love and kisses your adoring granddaughter sarahjane xxxxxxxx

+Quote Post
*Janet Topham*
post 19th Sep 2010, 04:05am
Post #30

QUOTE (witshisname @ 25th May 2010, 05:02pm) *
Great Pic Garyt,My Granny used to live on Glenacre Drive in the early- mid 60's before moving down onto Castlemilk drive.I think she stayed at # 82 or 86.I also used to walk along Glenacre going home for lunch & then heading back to Castleton.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.