Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fernando Ricksen, A sad loss!
carmella
post 23rd Sep 2019, 05:10pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
So sad to hear recently of the death of Fernando Ricksen, just 43 from that awful illness Motor Neurone Disease. We should remember his input to Footie, and not a nice end to his life.

R.I.P.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 23rd Sep 2019, 07:50pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
I didn't know Fernando Ricksen as a player but judging by the respect I have seen shown to him he must have been well liked and a battler.
MND is a horrible disease as we all saw with Jinky.
Here in SA we had our own example of a sportsman who died rerecently with MND.
Joost van der Westhuizen was a Springbok who played 89 time for SA and a rugby world cup winner. This terrible disease in no respector of reputation it seems.
RIP Fernando Ricksen.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 23rd Sep 2019, 08:43pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
You are absolutely right Dave, it is such a cruel condition to live with especially when you are trapped in your body with a good sound mind. I have seen how it robs and destroys. Such a pity.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
taurus
post 23rd Sep 2019, 09:47pm
Post #4

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
we must all know of someone this awful thing has touched. We lost a most beautiful friend,beautiful looking right up to the end in her wheelchair,and all it started with was a funny action in 1 leg,it seemed to want to do something different to the other leg.A mystery,that wasn`t solved until months before her end. and no end in sight for a cure either. frightening... especially the not being able to swallow when it gets to that stage.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 24th Sep 2019, 08:27am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
I am grateful for the replies. This condition is a death sentence in the most awful way.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
carmella
post 25th Sep 2019, 05:28pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Looks as if the soul got a nice send off.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.