Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Girl Guides, Kinning Park Parish
hessowl
post 16th Oct 2009, 01:34am
Post #16

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,616
I wasnt allowed to go to brownies as they werent in "our" church! but i badgered my mum to let me go with my friend to guides. I began in the 222nd at what i think was victoria church. I remembered helping to prepare a big reunion for their 25 th or 50th anniversary where they had invited back former members. Later when "our" church began their own brownies and guides I transferred to St Margarets church possibly the 218th, but i may have the number wrong. I am now a scout leader in Ebbw Vale and we will be celebrating our groups centenary next year. Its also the centenary of guiding. It would be lovely to make contact with some former members of my old guide groups. I would have been involved between 1976 and 1981 approx> Are the 2 guide companies still going? Avril.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CAT
post 8th May 2013, 11:03am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,390
Hi Avril what area were these company's in ?
I thought the centenary was in 2009 or is that for whichever country you are in ? It's great to hear your still in the movement, how much has it changed since you were a child?

+Quote Post
petunia
post 8th May 2013, 12:23pm
Post #18

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 6,822
I was never in the guides but I was in the brownies I was a fairy "we're the brownies here's our aim lend a hand and play the game" by the times I was old enough to go into the guides we moved from the church I went to so never joined in another, years later I became a cub leader in the west end of Glasgow off Byers Rd. which I enjoyed a lot as we had a great team, don't know where anyone is now as one the leaders went to Australia, others got married and we all went our separate ways, would be nice to know where they all are.

+Quote Post
Purplefan
post 9th May 2013, 02:02pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,685
I wanted ta join the GG but they would not let me. angry.gif
sexist that is.

--------------------
To be is to do socrates
To do is to be Sartre
Do be do be do Sinatra

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 9th May 2013, 08:56pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
Ah managed 6 weeks before ah goat flung oot, after making a pass at the chief owl lol

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
CAT
post 20th May 2013, 03:16pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,390
Sorry boys you never had the chance to be a Girl Guide maybe the navy skirt just didn't suit you biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.