Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1350 Pages V  « < 1348 1349 1350  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 09:48pm
Post #20236

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 22nd Jun 2017, 08:35pm) *
The SNP lost more seats than the Conservatives for a start.

There's sticking to your principles, then there's disregarding public opinion while in office.

You can compare and contrast the EU and the UK all you like. It would be fallacy to ignore the common purpose served by these institutions, also the equivalent significance of both referendums and the Political imperative of reaching agreement at the end of each process.

Therefore, for a public figure to stake her reputation on contesting that series of arguments would be a serious error of judgement, imho, especially for one with as much Political capital to lose as Sturgeon.

Gobbledegook from the Master. Do you write speeches for May in your lunch hour?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post Y'day, 10:12pm
Post #20237

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Face it, the Yes campaign tried to use Brexit to reboot this debate and got a bloody nose at the election. Only fools and horses still buy your bootleg.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 10:28pm
Post #20238

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 23rd Jun 2017, 12:12am) *
Face it, the Yes campaign tried to use Brexit to reboot this debate and got a bloody nose at the election. Only fools and horses still buy your bootleg.

35/59 - You have some funny ideas of a bloody nose. I am not in the business of selling illicit booze, but I wouldn't expect much custom from the equine population. wacko.gif

Does your mammy know you're still up on a school night, or are you under the duvet with the I-pad?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Y'day, 10:47pm
Post #20239

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

The SNP lost more seats than the Tories did across the whole UK , the SNP lost a 3rd of their 2015 vote and the Tories not only increased their vote by 74% in Scotland, they increased their votes UK wide by over 2.3 million.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 07:56am
Post #20240

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 23rd Jun 2017, 12:47am) *
The SNP lost more seats than the Tories did across the whole UK , the SNP lost a 3rd of their 2015 vote and the Tories not only increased their vote by 74% in Scotland, they increased their votes UK wide by over 2.3 million.

So glad you've found something to make you happy at the end of the day. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 09:32am
Post #20241

Mega City Key Holder
http://www.thenational.scot/news/15366130....urrency/?ref=eb

Something for you boys to chew over. Bring your own spitoons!

--------------------

+Quote Post

1350 Pages V  « < 1348 1349 1350
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.