Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Billy Connolly Gets Freedom Of Glasgow, The Big Yin humbled by award
tamhickey
post 29th Aug 2010, 12:59am
Post #76

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,833
I went to see Billy in 2005 at the SECC and the man was hilarious. He performed a 3and a half hour set and all proceeds from the evening went to charity. Half way through, he introduced one of his mates who was "just starting out in the music business".... it was Ralph McTell and he and Billy had some good banter with one another and gave us all a sing song. That was one of the finest evening's entertainment I have ever had, and not once did I see anybody leave as we were too busy drying our eyes from Billy's stories. Great memories, damned fine man.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dunvegan
post 2nd Nov 2010, 12:13am
Post #77

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,038
When I worked with Billy Connoly in Fairfields he always refered to me as "big Wullie" or "big yin".

I have always wondered at him being called "big yin" as I dont recall him being so big. Then again a lot of his memories, and mine, at that time were rather hazy. I was under the impression in my younger days that we had the "freedom of the city" as I constantly awoke in places in Glasgow that not only did I not recognise, but had never even heard of.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.