Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1454 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
wombat
post 19th May 2013, 09:20pm
Post #271

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif wunner what he meant when he said England would have to'' adjust'.

' (start drillin in the falklands? ) smile.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
seamus1954
post 20th May 2013, 03:38am
Post #272

Lord Provost
Member No.: 13,082
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 9th Jan 2013, 07:54am) *
There are numerous good reasons to stay with the Union.

How could Scotland survive without the House of Lords.

We surely dont have the savvy to run the country without the guidance of London Politicians.

We dont have enough money in the kitty to pay for the whole country to be on benifits

We need the London goverment to pay for those benifits.

The reason we need the London goverment to pay those benifits is because we are a nation of scroungers and drunks that need guidance from our southern neighbours.

North sea oil is going to run out some time this century and what will we do without the London Goverment to fall back on.

We need the annual hounours list to pretend to the nation that we are appreciated by the rest of the Union.

Scotland is incapable of running its own armed forces without the London goverment.

Scotland is to wee.

Scotland is to poor.

Scotland is to (fill in your own excuse)

Scotland needs the London goverment to take people of benifits when it gets itself into another war and calls our sons up to be used as cannon fodder

There must be many more reasons for staying in the Union but I'm sure all the Unionists on the board can list them.

Dave hey hi Tongue firmly in cheek I love it all the best how the ell you've been

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th May 2013, 06:11am
Post #273

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (wombat @ 19th May 2013, 09:37pm) *
rolleyes.gif wunner what he meant when he said England would have to'' adjust'.

' (start drillin in the falklands? ) smile.gif

I took it as he think's an independent England would have to cut it's cloth accordingly, it would save £billions cutting back on defence alone (scrapping the next generation of Trident for eg) by losing the World power ego, and concentrate on her own domestic issue's, and yes Wombat, Westminster will be well aware of any natural resources in the waters surrounding the Falkland Islands.

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 20th May 2013, 07:46am
Post #274

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
They're already drilling

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 20th May 2013, 12:16pm
Post #275

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Another excellent article:-

http://www.businessforscotland.co.uk/why-d...er-they-failed/

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th May 2013, 12:33pm
Post #276

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 20th May 2013, 12:33pm) *

"Why did the banks only become Scottish – after they failed?"

For the same reason our sportsmen and woman become Scottish when they lose laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 20th May 2013, 04:28pm
Post #277

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
More debunking of UK government lies:-

http://www.yesscotland.net/treasury_paper_...ancial_services

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st May 2013, 07:29am
Post #278

Mega City Key Holder
You would think that at least one person who supports the Anti Scottish independence campaign would come on and challenge what those of us who support a YES vote have been posting.

I just wish one of them would come on an tell us why the intend to vote NO.

It can't be that Scotland is too poor.

With the undisputed evidence of the McCrone report plus the admission of former Chancellor of the Exchequer Denis Healey that his and subsequent Westminster governments have lied to the people of Scotland over how much money that North sea oil was really generating, who from the mid 70's onward openly called the SNP and anyone who supported Scottish self determination liars for revealing the true value of the oil............How does that old saying go again?........Oh, that's right, "Once a liar, always a liar.

Even today, neither Cameron, Miliband or Clegg use that tired old chestnut of an excuse anymore, yet some Scottish unionists still do, why?

So come on all you unionists out there, if it isn't about finance, what are you worried about.

Or will you blindly vote NO regardless of how much better off Scotland would be?

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 21st May 2013, 09:31am
Post #279

Mega City Key Holder
Its not peculiar to this forum, jagz.
EVERYTHING (which isn't a lot) I've seen or heard down here, is the same. A reluctance to discuss ANY issues.
Which is even stranger still, when you think it DOES have an impact upon the rest of the UK.
The only thing I do hear, is a resounding 'its their decision,... good luck to them. In fact there are areas of England which want independence from a government who consistently does'nt come up with the goods - regardless of whether their red, blue, or yellow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 24th May 2013, 10:29am
Post #280

Mega City Key Holder
Scottish Labour MSP Ken Macintosh attacks a Scottish government grant awarded to Amazon unaware that his party colleague MSP Helen Eadie had called for the grant as Amazon bring a significant volume of jobs to her constituency in Fife.

Not only did he not know that Amazon were awarded support by the former Labour administration in Scotland but he was also blissfully unaware that the Labour controlled Welsh assembly led by Labour's Welsh FM Carwyn Jones had been boasting of their success and role in attracting Amazon investment to Wales.

The clip can be viewed below but i doubt Mr Macintosh will want to watch it again, it's just as well the Anti Scottish independence media led by the impartial BBC has let the people of Scotland down once again by ignoring this and then editing FM questions to make Johann Lamont's rant's look as though the FM has no answers.

The people of Scotland deserve better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=8mhSdN4I9gA

I wonder when he had his Homer Simpson moment when he slapped his forehead as he said "DOH", and the look on Helen Eadie's face was priceless.

+Quote Post
DavidT
post 31st May 2013, 12:25pm
Post #281

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,194
ONS video with statistics about wealth distribution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdRM3C_wjc...be_gdata_player

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st May 2013, 01:45pm
Post #282

Mega City Key Holder
I don't think anyone would be surprised to learn that the highest percentage of households in the UK were in the South East of England while Scotland has the least, perhaps some of the Better Together posters can come on and tell us just how exactly we are better together in this unequal union.

Speaking of unequal unions, it's quite comical to see now they divide the country into North and South, with the South covering the bottom 150 miles of the country and the North covering the remaining 700 miles.

Were all part of the one Nation..................You're having a laugh.

Vote YES next year thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
CAT
post 31st May 2013, 02:29pm
Post #283

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,390
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 31st May 2013, 01:53pm) *
Were all part of the one Nation..................You're having a laugh.

Tell you what for an undecided this thread puts up a good case for yes. Maybe I'm jist a fearty Cat laugh.gif
Either way we have to vote apathy is not an option.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st May 2013, 03:29pm
Post #284

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (CAT @ 31st May 2013, 02:37pm) *
Tell you what for an undecided this thread puts up a good case for yes. Maybe I'm jist a fearty Cat laugh.gif
Either way we have to vote apathy is not an option.

You are quite correct Cat, next years vote is far to important for apathy, we owe it to future generations to get it right regardless of the outcome, in my own opinion a YES vote is the only sensible option for the reasons that have been made on this and other threads on GG over the last two years or so, i'm sure some NO voters will be on to tell you why you should vote NO.

And don't be a fearty cat, be a confident independent tail in the air Cat biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 31st May 2013, 04:02pm
Post #285

Mega City Key Holder
BE A SOPHISTICAT, INSTEAD wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1454 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.