Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Parks Privatisation Plans, Council, unions and campaigners square up
Heather
post 17th Mar 2010, 11:07pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
My God someone who actually speaks sense.

Hey Guest 2, if your standing for the Council I'll vote for you. smile.gif

Aye well Stratson, I'll see you in Switzerland. wink.gif

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Greumach
post 18th Mar 2010, 12:28am
Post #32

Unpacking
Member No.: 3,781
As with all the other PC nonscence that comes from Labour politicians, there must have been one single person who first mooted the idea. Find out who that was and name and shame them! I bet they will have a link to some English 'arms length' company! I wonder how many of these councilors really care about Glasgow and where it is going?

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 18th Mar 2010, 05:07am
Post #33

You see Guest, running a council is actually quite simple....

Well, Guest 2, running a council might well be simple; running a city and its services is rather more complicated.

+Quote Post
weebren3
post 18th Mar 2010, 05:15am
Post #34

Super Visitor
Member No.: 1,440
QUOTE (RonD @ 17th Mar 2010, 11:12am) *
Next, they will be charging admission to the parks!

Thanks Rond,I am glad we agree

+Quote Post
weebren3
post 18th Mar 2010, 05:22am
Post #35

Super Visitor
smile.gif thank you long beach you.did A good job yourself,nice story about you life while young. good for you.

+Quote Post
weebren3
post 18th Mar 2010, 05:26am
Post #36

Super Visitor
biggrin.gif Thanks rabbie, good quote had A laugh anyway,your quick wit. cheers

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 19th Mar 2010, 07:32am
Post #37

Any firm that came in at this moment in time might do a better job than GCC especially when it comes to 'neds' and 'big weans' jumping over the wall at Ruchazie and skipping on to Lethamhill Golf Course at the 9th hole.

+Quote Post
*Margaret McDonald*
post 19th Mar 2010, 10:28am
Post #38

Hi

Am i reading right ... Cleaning Services to an English Firm are you off your Head ... what about all the Out of Work People that could do with a Job in Glasgow come off it ... Traiter.

Margaret McDonald.

+Quote Post
sumac
post 19th Mar 2010, 12:54pm
Post #39

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
I'm speechless at this proposal!

Fronswa, can I just say, "Thanks" for the You-Tube link you posted. It's brilliant but heart-breaking at the same time.

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 19th Mar 2010, 01:29pm
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (fronswa @ 17th Mar 2010, 04:31am) *
For F*** Sake!

Is there nothing that these plebs won't sell off, and pass out "to arms length" companies?

What a shower of sh!tes!

http://www.glasgowlost.org/

I've only just taken time to read this link. (sorry)
Shocking and scandalous are inadequate descriptions of this April Fool's day trick.

The Council's proposals ... clearly breach the 1887 Public Libraries Act which says that it is the duty of the local council to manage public libraries, museums and art galleries provided under the legislation.
Unison Spokesman

On April 1st, without any consultation with the public, Labour transferred your Cultural and Leisure services to an "Independent Trust". We will reverse that transfer.
LibDem Manifesto Pledge

I know here my vote would go if I had a vote in Glasgow.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
TX4
post 19th Mar 2010, 02:01pm
Post #41

Visitor
Member No.: 6,709
QUOTE (fronswa @ 17th Mar 2010, 03:31am) *
For F*** Sake!

Is there nothing that these plebs won't sell off, and pass out "to arms length" companies?

What a shower of sh!tes!

http://www.glasgowlost.org/

Well said fronswa, We have always been benevolent of previous City Fathers who have always provided liesure facilities to the Glasgow public at no cost whatsoever,

But this proposed sell off is an insult to all of our predecessors who have enjoyed the privilige afforded to them.

My one concern is however that GCC may plan to extend this sell off to all of its other liesure services and we may find that we will be paying a private company 5 a head to access the new multi million pound transport museum when it opens next year.

+Quote Post
weebren3
post 20th Mar 2010, 03:51am
Post #42

Super Visitor
ohmy.gif
QUOTE (weebren3 @ 18th Mar 2010, 05:43am) *
biggrin.gif Thanks rabbie, good quote had A laugh anyway,your quick wit. cheers

+Quote Post
weebren3
post 20th Mar 2010, 04:06am
Post #43

Super Visitor
Well one can call themselfs just A guest, why dont you make A comment that makes sense,that kind of lingo dont mean crap to A scots,I mean the real mCoy,regarding sell to anyone,did you work for the council? or is that A joke,no offence my neice was born in England,sounds like you talk like A moron,dont hide your name if you are scots,have some pride,stand up for your country there is people out of work,or do you work for Brown,and the rest of downing street.,bunch of clowns. dry.gif

+Quote Post
**catriona**
post 26th Mar 2010, 07:27pm
Post #44

Hello people of Glasgow and the board i think you all have to think hard and long about privatisation as once they take over it is hard to remove them ans if you are not happy with their services you will have to contact the English firm and that will take time as the council is on your door step.

Look what happend to the railway when they privatiased that it is a disaster the goverment said it would be a better service and cheaper fares what a load of rubbish you just have to listen to the nes to know how bad it is i hope you have better luck .

Bye for now aw the best to all.

[teadbear] Catriona x.

+Quote Post
*Madge*
post 1st Apr 2010, 09:48pm
Post #45

QUOTE (Guest @ 19th Mar 2010, 07:49am) *
Any firm that came in at this moment in time might do a better job than GCC especially when it comes to 'neds' and 'big weans' jumping over the wall at Ruchazie and skipping on to Lethamhill Golf Course at the 9th hole.

Hi Guest!!

Surely that is the very point - the Council should be doing a better job!! BUT they prefer the easy way out!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.