Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 03:43pm
Post #151

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

treating you like a child is not abuse, stop the pathetic wee quips like , its my no surrender party (still waiting on proof on that) or that May is my hero and I may start actually think you are worthy of debating like an adult..
The voters in Scotland voted to remain in the UK, do you disrepect others that much that you want to ignore their views in a free vote?
If it is not your UK then are you going to send all that money you get from them back?
Do you have a driving license, a passport or any form of ID that says that you are not a UK citizen? Both mines say United Kingdom

I am a realist and you and the ES.N.P keep going on about Westminsters fault, was the IT mess this week their fault, was police Scotland funding gap there's, what about Scotland falling down the education tables.. pretty soon they will have to fess up and that its their mismanagement and not some evil plot doon south..
Every time they bleat that its someone elses fault they go down in my estimation, since Sturgeon backed the wrong horse she has whinged and gret and now demands that say in brexit that she could have had last year if she just accepted the democratic will of the people in the UK. If Scotland doesn't fare well in Brexit negotiations, the blame will lie right at her feet.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 25th Jun 2017, 06:38pm
Post #152

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 04:43pm) *
treating you like a child is not abuse

If Scotland doesn't fare well in Brexit negotiations, the blame will lie right at her feet.

You behaving like a child is embarrassing.

How will Britain failing in Bexit negotiations be the FMs fault?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 07:18pm
Post #153

Mega City Key Holder

Still waiting for all this proof of these claims, why do you call the Tories the 'no surrender' party and why do you affiliate them with me while at the same time deny you engage in sectarian politics. If you're not going to answer because its all made up just say so and I wont waste time bringing it up for the next 6 months.

I never said the Brexit negotiations would fail, I said 'If Scotland doesn't fare well in Brexit negotiations', as Sturgeon showed that she can not be trusted to fight on the UKs side, then if Scotland does not benefit due to us not having a presence it will be her fault. Of course this could also mean that Ruth Davidson steps up and fights for all of Scotland, getting more powers along the way. That would really stick in your and Sturgeons craw, wouldn't it.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 25th Jun 2017, 09:34pm
Post #154

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Watch out for the white coat brigade. They can't be far away now! Ruth Davidson, eh? Now it's all falling into place.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 10:39pm
Post #155

Mega City Key Holder

Are you aware that Ruth Davidson was invited to sit in on a cabinet meeting in Downing street a couple of weeks ago. Is it too much of a strain on your brain to think that Davidson could be invited to 'fight' for Scotland's interests in the Brexit negotiations thereby bypassing Sturgeon and also allowing Davidson any credit for benefits or powers passed to Scotland. Is it really beyond yer wee blinkers to see the Tory backroom boys hyping her up to the press so that she is on every front page as the woman who fought for Scotland just before the Holyrood election campaign kicks off. Just over 200,000 votes separated the SNP and Tories at the last election, you can be sure they will go into the Holyrood election fighting to win.

BTW, people used to laugh if you spoke of the SNP winning power in Scotland, they also laughed if anyone suggested the Tories would beat Labour in an election in Scotland. Those who laugh in politics often find they then become laughed at when their complacency comes back to bite them. If the SNP do a Jagz and just keep saying 'we won' while ignoring the Tories breathing doon their neck then they might just find their minority government becomes a far smaller minority and they cant pass anything

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th Jun 2017, 07:55am
Post #156

Mega City Key Holder
I am well aware that Davidson sat in on a cabinet meeting. We do get UK news here in darkest Spain. She looked better astride a tank gun.

Yes, it is beyond my mind to imagine Davidson fighting Scotland's corner. She is a Tory and, as such, she represents UK (England) as does Mundell and any other "Scottish" Tory.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 26th Jun 2017, 09:45am
Post #157

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 08:18pm) *
Still waiting for all this proof of these claims, why do you call the Tories the 'no surrender' party I wont waste time bringing it up for the next 6 months.

Of course this could also mean that Ruth Davidson steps up and fights for all of Scotland, getting more powers along the way.

Oh dear, it's common knowledge that Ruth Davidsons party (i never said the Tory party) had climbed into bed with the OO for last years Holyrood elections (it's not my fault you don't read newspapers or watch/listen to TV/Radio) and this was one year before her parent party actually did join forces with the DUP (this will be breaking news to you i suppose?)

And you will still be bringing it up for the next six months and beyond, anything to take the attention away from the mess you little Brexiteers have created.

The day Ruth Davidson fights for Scotland against her Tory masters is the day i will walk round George Sq naked shouting "John.mcn was right all along i do have shit for brains".

It'll never happen, strange how 10 DUP MP's have already more power and say for NI from May's government than Ruths 13 MP's have for Scotland. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th Jun 2017, 01:28pm
Post #158

Mega City Key Holder
UK democracy at its brilliant best. The Tory minority government gives 1 billion of taxpayers' money to NI, in return for support from DUP, a bunch of sectarian neanderthals. One can only hope that this is the beginning of the end for the UK and the Tory party, but I have never been an optimist. Disgusting ! angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 26th Jun 2017, 02:23pm
Post #159

Mega City Key Holder
This may be a set up for Colonel Davidson to ride in astride a tank an "steps up to fight for Scotland" as John predicted. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th Jun 2017, 02:46pm
Post #160

Mega City Key Holder
[quote name='JAGZ1876' date='26th Jun 2017, 04:23pm' post='3731758']
This may be a set up for Colonel Davidson to ride in astride a tank an "steps up to fight for Scotland" as John predicted. laugh.gif
[/quote

Destination George Square?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 26th Jun 2017, 02:57pm
Post #161

Mega City Key Holder

Wouldn't be the first time Unionists have had Tanks in George Square. yes.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 26th Jun 2017, 06:11pm
Post #162

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 26th Jun 2017, 07:55am) *
I am well aware that Davidson sat in on a cabinet meeting. We do get UK news here in darkest Spain. She looked better astride a tank gun.

Whatever rocks your boat
Yes, it is beyond my mind to imagine Davidson fighting Scotland's corner. She is a Tory and, as such, she represents UK (England) as does Mundell and any other "Scottish" Tory.

Well I live in an area that was once the safest Tory seat in Scotland(possibly again) and know people who voted for them, I've also heard a couple of the cooncillors and it may surprise you as you live abroad but they're Scottish through and through and they do actually care for the community here. Case in point, Bonnyton house was the last council run OAP home in East Renfrewshire, both labour and the SNP voted to privatise it, Tory cooncillors and MSP opposed the privatisation because it would limit care for those who could not afford the service. It was only after a public outcry that the buyer pulled out .

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Jun 2017, 09:45am) *
Oh dear, it's common knowledge that Ruth Davidsons party (i never said the Tory party) had climbed into bed with the OO for last years Holyrood elections (it's not my fault you don't read newspapers or watch/listen to TV/Radio) and this was one year before her parent party actually did join forces with the DUP (this will be breaking news to you i suppose?)

If it was common knowledge then why are you not providing proof and even if you do then why do you affiliate me with a party I have never voted for or an organisation I have never been a member of. The simple reason is the one I have stated before, you partake in sectarian politics as anyone can see.
I dont read 'newspapers', haven't you stated the same before or do you rush out to grab your copy of the Nat Onal before it sells out (LMAO).
I do listen to the radio in between CDs and I do watch TV, I get a crap load of channels as well as streaming from Amazon/Netflix which to be honest is far better and I would settle for that if my wife didn't record those crappy soaps.
And you will still be bringing it up for the next six months and beyond, anything to take the attention away from the mess you little Brexiteers have created.

Not if you simply answered my questions
The day Ruth Davidson fights for Scotland against her Tory masters is the day i will walk round George Sq naked shouting "John.mcn was right all along i do have shit for brains".

Why would you think fighting for Scotland is against the Tory party, they will argue for the UK which includes Scotland, allowing Davidson to argue her case (she was pro EU remember) and giving her the credit for fighting for Scotland will show people the difference that working within the UK can accomplish as opposed to the screaming antics of Sturgeon and her Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit
It'll never happen, strange how 10 DUP MP's have already more power and say for NI from May's government than Ruths 13 MP's have for Scotland. unsure.gif

You've got that mixed up, why would Scottish conservatives demand incentives to vote for a party they are a member of huh.gif . What you should be asking is why did the 56 achieve nothing in two years and what could the 35 have gotten for Scotland if they worked within the system

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 26th Jun 2017, 06:15pm
Post #163

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 26th Jun 2017, 01:28pm) *
UK democracy at its brilliant best. The Tory minority government gives 1 billion of taxpayers' money to NI, in return for support from DUP, a bunch of sectarian neanderthals. One can only hope that this is the beginning of the end for the UK and the Tory party, but I have never been an optimist. Disgusting ! angry.gif

The DUP are a legal party that has been democratically elected not only to Westminster but also the Northern Irish assembly . if giving incentives for support in crucial votes is wrong then how do you think the SNP got its budgets passed in Holyrood from 2007-2011 and 2016-present.
what would the SNP demand from labour for their support if they were the largest party, pretty much the same.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 26th Jun 2017, 06:19pm
Post #164

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Jun 2017, 02:57pm) *
Wouldn't be the first time Unionists have had Tanks in George Square. yes.gif

That would be the Armed forces if you are referring to 1919 and to be honest I'm glad they did or would a civil war due to a Russian bolshevik type uprising(and possible backing) followed by decades of Soviet style governing be right up your street.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 26th Jun 2017, 06:51pm
Post #165

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 26th Jun 2017, 08:11pm) *
Whatever rocks your boat

Well I live in an area that was once the safest Tory seat in Scotland(possibly again) and know people who voted for them, I've also heard a couple of the cooncillors and it may surprise you as you live abroad but they're Scottish through and through and they do actually care for the community here. Case in point, Bonnyton house was the last council run OAP home in East Renfrewshire, both labour and the SNP voted to privatise it, Tory cooncillors and MSP opposed the privatisation because it would limit care for those who could not afford the service. It was only after a public outcry that the buyer pulled out .

If it was common knowledge then why are you not providing proof and even if you do then why do you affiliate me with a party I have never voted for or an organisation I have never been a member of. The simple reason is the one I have stated before, you partake in sectarian politics as anyone can see.
I dont read 'newspapers', haven't you stated the same before or do you rush out to grab your copy of the Nat Onal before it sells out (LMAO).
I do listen to the radio in between CDs and I do watch TV, I get a crap load of channels as well as streaming from Amazon/Netflix which to be honest is far better and I would settle for that if my wife didn't record those crappy soaps.

Not if you simply answered my questions

Why would you think fighting for Scotland is against the Tory party, they will argue for the UK which includes Scotland, allowing Davidson to argue her case (she was pro EU remember) and giving her the credit for fighting for Scotland will show people the difference that working within the UK can accomplish as opposed to the screaming antics of Sturgeon and her Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit

You've got that mixed up, why would Scottish conservatives demand incentives to vote for a party they are a member of huh.gif . What you should be asking is why did the 56 achieve nothing in two years and what could the 35 have gotten for Scotland if they worked within the system

More garbage! The only satisfaction I gleaned there was your reminding me that I lived abroad. I often forget how lucky I am.

Sad to see your having a dig at your missus, puir wummin. It shows your misanthropy is more widespread than I thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.