Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

16 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nasa, Earthlike planet discovery imminent
ashfield
post 13th Sep 2013, 01:57pm
Post #166

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 13th Sep 2013, 02:46pm) *
Thanks to Carl Sagan's pleading NASA turned voyager around to take this shot in 1990 of The Pale Blue Dot ... the Earth as seen from 6 Billion klicks (middle of that brown band on extreme right of the 1st picture) thumbup.gif

[attachment=43842:Pale_Blue_Dot.png]

[attachment=43843:PaleBlueDot.jpg]

1990..............ah had the same problem when ah took a spool tae Boots tae get developed rolleyes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 13th Sep 2013, 02:06pm
Post #167

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
I'm surprised the aliens spotted it.
Well done Carl Sagan.

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 13th Sep 2013, 02:11pm
Post #168

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
I think its terribly exciting Voyager has at last left 'oor patch'. We are now getting signals from it, in 'empty' space. Spooky.

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 13th Sep 2013, 03:21pm
Post #169

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
C'mon Davy, there's no such Thing as empty space ... except that wan bitween yer ears laugh.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 13th Sep 2013, 03:23pm
Post #170

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 13th Sep 2013, 02:04pm) *
I'm surprised the aliens spotted it.

That's a good point Betsy.
laugh.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
carmella
post 13th Sep 2013, 03:59pm
Post #171

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I wonder what it will encounter once out of our space - this should be interesting as I don't think earth is the only inhabited planet in the entire universe - I believe it's the only one in ours. But logic won't let me believe there is nothing else out there, somewhere.

I don't believe in UFOs it has to be said as I think there's a reasonable explanation for many of them, but not all.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 13th Sep 2013, 04:45pm
Post #172

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
There are always sweeping statements about The Imminent Discovery Of Life On Other Planets. And they`re usually issued around the same time when NASA`s knocking on Washington`s door cap in hand.

And what is this "Life, Jim. But not as we know it"? Germs. Molecules. Microbodes. No ET`s. No Xenomorphs. No nubile, young Benny Hill extras.

In the meantime, get a load of all them wicked Nebula shots. What a desktop background! And it only cost the US taxpayer umpteen billions over the last half century. Why pish all that dough away on schools or hospitals when you can have a great Flick`r account? And, in the interests of fairness, let`s not forget, Teflon non-stick frying pans came out of all that investment...
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Sep 2013, 04:54pm
Post #173

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 13th Sep 2013, 03:57pm) *
I don't believe in UFOs it has to be said as I think there's a reasonable explanation for many of them, but not all.

If not all Carmella, then that makes them exactly Unidentified Flying Objects, though not necessarily of an extra terrestrial origin.

+Quote Post
Rab
post 13th Sep 2013, 07:14pm
Post #174

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
[quote name='Ruchazie Rat' post='3639426' date='13th Sep 2013, 05:43pm']There are always sweeping statements about The Imminent Discovery Of Life On Other Planets. And they`re usually issued around the same time when NASA`s knocking on Washington`s door cap in hand.

And what is this "Life, Jim. But not as we know it"? Germs. Molecules. Microbodes. No ET`s. No Xenomorphs. No nubile, young Benny Hill extras.

In the meantime, get a load of all them wicked Nebula shots. What a desktop background! And it only cost the US taxpayer umpteen billions over the last half century. Why pish all that dough away on schools or hospitals when you can have a great Flick`r account? And, in the interests of fairness, let`s not forget, Teflon non-stick frying pans came out of all that investment... quote]

Another often-quoted myth: TEFLON was patented in 1945! A wee bit before we went into space! Also quoted NASA spinoffs are Memory Foam and Velcro, neither of which had any basis in the space programme, although they may have been used in space. yes.gif

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 13th Sep 2013, 11:14pm
Post #175

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Ruchazie Rat @ 13th Sep 2013, 04:43pm) *
mad.gif :mad mad.gif

Don't be an angry Rat. Without all that research and development we wouldn't have people like Richard Branson settin' us up with cheap space flights soon tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 14th Sep 2013, 12:06am
Post #176

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Sep 2013, 05:52pm) *
If not all Carmella, then that makes them exactly Unidentified Flying Objects, though not necessarily of an extra terrestrial origin.

Yes I agree - they are still unidentified but that can cover many things. I may be wrong of course, maybe we have been visited numerous times by extra-terestrial beings.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 14th Sep 2013, 08:58am
Post #177

Mega City Key Holder
You can't have any doubts when you read these boards.
Come on - whose going to admit to being an alien?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 14th Sep 2013, 09:34am
Post #178

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 14th Sep 2013, 08:56am) *
Come on - whose going to admit to being an alien?

Unless you want to go to the top of the GCC housing list..........OOOPS wrong thread tongue.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post 14th Sep 2013, 10:33am
Post #179

Mega City Key Holder
i do, however, watch documentaries on the subject because it does fascinate me what people think they saw.

One thing I will own up to, is that some very credible people have explained in great detail what they saw on a dark night out doing their job (police etc) or just returning from a night out - and sober. These people in my opinion were unshakable in what they witnessed, so I wonder if there's something, although not of the et variety. These people definitely saw something.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 14th Sep 2013, 10:41am
Post #180

Mega City Key Holder
Things that look like aliens/spaceships in cave drawings?

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.