Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk General Election 2019
wombat
post 10th Dec 2019, 05:51pm
Post #136

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (ashfield @ 10th Dec 2019, 04:12pm) *
Nope, I'd find something to eat but there are some things that are just not palatable wink.gif

rolleyes.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
taurus
post 10th Dec 2019, 07:39pm
Post #137

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
I don`t understand one word of the election,who`s who,who`s good who`s bad,but i`m praying that the UK will get a good government,and bring the country back t normal.ASAP!

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 10th Dec 2019, 07:39pm
Post #138

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 10th Dec 2019, 02:21pm) *
A vote for the Lib Dems is the surest way to return another Remain Parliament.

I imagined you with your underpants on your head with a pencil up each nostril when i read that Kem.

Was i close? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 10th Dec 2019, 07:40pm
Post #139

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (taurus @ 10th Dec 2019, 07:39pm) *
I don`t understand one word of the election,who`s who,who`s good who`s bad,but i`m praying that the UK will get a good government,and bring the country back t normal.ASAP!

Can you tell me what "normal" was in relation to the UK Taurus?

+Quote Post
wombat
post 10th Dec 2019, 09:13pm
Post #140

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th Dec 2019, 07:40pm) *
Can you tell me what "normal" was in relation to the UK Taurus?

tongue.gif ahm sayin nuffin rolleyes.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
caltonjock
post 10th Dec 2019, 10:14pm
Post #141

City Key Holder
Member No.: 26,386
Church leaders have emphasized that simply being attracted to someone of the same sex is not a sin and that God loves all of his children.

But those wishing to maintain full membership in the Church are required to commit to a life of celibacy.

The Mormon Church states unequivocally that marriage and sexual relations can only be between a man and a woman who promise complete loyalty to each other and that homosexuality is contrary to God’s plan for his children.

Members in same-sex marriages are considered to be apostates which is an excommunicable offense.

https://caltonjock.com/2017/06/05/stephen-k...isexual-or-exp/

Should he be re-elected as the MP for Stirling? Made it last time by around 150 votes

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 10th Dec 2019, 10:40pm
Post #142

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
I was watching the Scottish Party Leaders who were participating in a debate on the BBC tonight.
One of the answers given by the Scottish Labour Party Leader, Richard Leonard, confused me.

He said his Party would fight for a shorter working week, a minimum wage of 10 pounds an hour, and an end to zero hours contracts. This from a man who wants us to remain in the EU.

I am puzzled. Why does he have to fight to end zero hours contracts? I thought workers rights were supposed to be one of the benefits of being in the EU?

I guess the striking French railway workers thought their pensions were protected by the EU regulations.

What about the British women who have to work longer to be eligible for a State Pension? Yes I know it was a Tory Government that did that. But why did the EU allow it?

I think the EU is one of those organisations who are good at making up rules. Unfortunately they leave the implementation, and interpretation, of the rules to member states.

Volkswagen is a perfect example. They used modern digital technology to fake the emissions test results of their cars. They then exported their cars all over the globe, knowing they were polluting the environment. Did the EU have any mechanism in place to check up on Volkswagen? No it was the Americans who discovered that Volkswagen was cheating. We are talking thousands of cars here.

So please don’t try and convince me that they EU rules makes for a better life for us all. It is not the rules that matter. It is the resolve to implement them, that counts.

Danny

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 10th Dec 2019, 11:40pm
Post #143

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th Dec 2019, 07:39pm) *
I imagined you with your underpants on your head with a pencil up each nostril when i read that Kem.

Was i close? laugh.gif

What you imagine in your own free time is your business, Jagz. But I recommend another chat with your GP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th Dec 2019, 06:21am
Post #144

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (caltonjock @ 10th Dec 2019, 10:14pm) *
Should he be re-elected as the MP for Stirling? Made it last time by around 150 votes

No, the only reason being he's a Tory, i couldn't care less about his religious beliefs. wink.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th Dec 2019, 06:25am
Post #145

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 10th Dec 2019, 11:40pm) *
What you imagine in your own free time is your business, Jagz. But I recommend another chat with your GP.

Nah, my GP and i are strangers, though you may need some strong sedation on Friday morning. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
caltonjock
post 11th Dec 2019, 02:25pm
Post #146

City Key Holder

In reply to DannyH: Leonard really is a plonker. The Labour Party has a record of duplicity.

If zero-hours contracts are so bad, how come 68 Labour MPs Employed Staff on Them?

Ed Miliband blasted David Cameron and big business over zero-hours contracts – and pledged to stick up for ordinary workers who are being “exploited.” Speaking in Yorkshire, the Labour leader raged:

“Less than a week ago, you may have heard the Prime Minister say that he couldn’t live on a zero-hours contract. Well, I couldn’t live on a zero-hours contract either. I’ve got a simple principle – if it is not good enough for us, it’s not good enough for you and it’s not good enough for Britain. “That’s the way I will run our country. One rule for all.”

But there was one small problem for Ed. It was revealed by the pay and expenses watchdog IPSA that a large number of Labour MPs employed workers on “zero-hours” contracts.

A damning list of 68 (nearly a quarter of the Labour parliamentary party) included Ed Balls, Lucy Powell, Karen Buck, and Ian Murray.

Labour insist their MPs only use the casual contracts to hire interns or students on flexible deals.

But Steve Turner, Unite regional officer, said last year:

“Parliament passed the laws that are supposed to protect pay and conditions. “Our MPs ought to be upholding them, setting a high standard for employers.

https://caltonjock.com/2015/04/28/ian-murra...d-in-office-it/

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 11th Dec 2019, 03:59pm
Post #147

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884

Attached Image

Happy voting tomorrow everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th Dec 2019, 07:20pm
Post #148

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 11th Dec 2019, 03:59pm) *

Attached Image

Happy voting tomorrow everyone.

I know i will be happy, and you can be too Kem if you vote for the third largest party at Westminster, and the only party who have consistently opposed Brexit, and are the only party who can stop Brexit.

For once let your head rule your heart. wink.gif

+Quote Post
caltonjock
post 12th Dec 2019, 04:33pm
Post #149

City Key Holder
The equal pay policy commitment is most certainly yet another Labour party joke, to be pulled on Scottish workers by the very people they elect, the Unions, to protect their rights at work.

In Glasgow, women involved in the pre-2007 pay claims recall how the GMB union and the Labour Party council pressurized them into accepting low settlements by offering them cheques for a few thousand pounds just before Christmas so long as they signed quickly. Many signed.

But many more held out against the injustice and badly judged advice from their Unions and took their cases to another source of advice. Namely, Action 4 Equality – Scotland managed by Solicitor Stefan Cross.

In doing so they had to wait longer but received far greater settlement sums. Not only did Cross take on Glasgow District Council, but he also sued the unions for failing to properly represent their female members, forcing them to up their game.

In so doing, he made himself hugely unpopular and many still regard him as an ambulance-chaser who got rich off the back of driving English councils to the brink of disaster.

To the women, however, he is a hero, which explains why Cross retained 80 percent of the claimants. “I will have to give him 10 percent of the payout, but he deserves it,” one woman tells me. “He stuck with us when the unions couldn’t be bothered.”

https://caltonjock.com/2019/12/12/in-the-mi...-before-voting/

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Dec 2019, 05:33pm
Post #150

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (caltonjock @ 12th Dec 2019, 04:33pm) *
In Glasgow, women involved in the pre-2007 pay claims recall how the GMB union and the Labour Party council pressurized them into accepting low settlements by offering them cheques for a few thousand pounds just before Christmas so long as they signed quickly. Many signed.

And let's not forget that one of the GMB union representatives advising the women to accept low settlements to save the council money was none other than the current Labour party in Scotland branch manager Tricky Dicky Leonard.

Shameful, but at least the new SNP council got the women the money they deserved. yes.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.