Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "big Yin" Has Parkinsons, sad news fo billy connolly
kenb
post 16th Sep 2013, 02:42pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
news to day billy connolly has parkinsons just after he has came through a prostate cancer operation he has said he will carry on , i hope he takes note of his family cause they can see the changes however subtle that parkinsons sneaks up on you good luck billy and you are another celeb its caught fight it big yin.

--------------------
WEY HEY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 16th Sep 2013, 03:46pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Also read the news.Like to wish him all the best.

+Quote Post
Doug1
post 16th Sep 2013, 04:29pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
Just picked this up on the news. We wish him all the best for a speedy recovery

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 16th Sep 2013, 05:05pm
Post #4

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
Without seeming insensitive, hopefully he`ll step off the stage. Sooner or later, he won`t have the power of concentration to stay on top form required by all top-of-their-game stand-up comedians.

On the plus side, unlike many past greats, a lot of his classic performances have been preserved for future generations thanks to digital media.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 16th Sep 2013, 05:18pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
That is bad news but like Michael J Fox he can keep going for a good while yet and I bet his family will be really supportive.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 16th Sep 2013, 11:27pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
Hope Billy takes it a wee bit easier now.......loved his talent and wit all these past years......funnily enough Michael J Fox has a brand new series starting next week so it hasn't held him back.

+Quote Post
mcfergus
post 17th Sep 2013, 12:50am
Post #7

Special Visitor
Member No.: 11,765
I hope that the very positive steps in the treatment of Parkinsons will work for Billy and that he will have a good few years of productive humour with which to keep us all enthralled ,amused, engaged and sometimes even enraged in some quarters.

In any event he has Pamela and a lovely family all of whom will keep him in the happy place he deserves. He has never been adverse to sending himself up and I am sure they will make their contribution.

Gaun Yersell Big Man!!

+Quote Post
kenb
post 17th Sep 2013, 01:10pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
guys the problem is that the drugs that we parkies use dont work all the time and they work to different degrees for different people i am at the wrong end of the time line and the next step is an operation on the brain billy could be any were on the time line he could be going faster than others etc etc he will go through bad times and good i hope he will need support / family and friends i hope he gets it this illness is sneaky but with all the research going on i hope there will be some major developments soon kenb tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
carmella
post 17th Sep 2013, 06:32pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I wish Billy all the very best, and as Wellfield has said Michael J. Fox has had Parkinsons since he was in his late 20s or early 30s and he's still on the go. There's a huge difference in their ages of course, and it's different with everyone, so all we can do is wish him the best on both conditions, goes to show that none of us are immune to such things.

Good Luck Billy.

--------------------
Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

Confucius - Chinese Philosopher - [551bc-479bc]

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.