Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

234 Pages V  « < 232 233 234  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
JAGZ1876
post 10th Feb 2018, 10:07am
Post #3496

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
She goes AWOL when her party is dragging Scotland into a Brexit black hole but pops up on a local radio station to talk about baking cakes.

https://twitter.com/radioforthnews/status/961982875229999105

Can any of our Unionist supporting members give any reason at all as to why Scotland should trust these people? unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 11th Feb 2018, 08:27am
Post #3497

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Suck it up! All you slap happy isolationist xenophobics! You haven't taken anything back you sad ar....les you have given it all away to a bunch right wing elitists who are laughing at you!
Well we in Scotland do not intend going down the Brexit drain with the rest of you, we are leaving! You have created the biggest catastrophe since WW2, sold the hopes of future generations and you are still in blissful ignorance of what you have done!
Pathetic cannot even begin to describe it!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 11th Feb 2018, 07:04pm
Post #3498

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
clap.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th Feb 2018, 09:41am
Post #3499

Mega City Key Holder

Attached Image

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
prince21
post 13th Feb 2018, 10:03am
Post #3500

Visitor
Member No.: 30,959
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 13th Feb 2018, 09:41am) *

Attached Image

Thanks for your post it tells the truth of how we in so called Great Britain are ruled by Unelectted people in power. Surely one day in the future the people in Great Britain will wake up and see sense.
The Brexit result showed to me how so divided and brainwashed half of the United Kingdom is and thank goodness most of the people of Scotland seen the light and voted for true Democracy.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Feb 2018, 11:27am
Post #3501

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (prince21 @ 13th Feb 2018, 10:03am) *
Surely one day in the future the people in Great Britain will wake up and see sense.

Sadly i won't be holding my breath on that one Prince. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
prince21
post 13th Feb 2018, 11:47am
Post #3502

Visitor
Member No.: 30,959
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Feb 2018, 11:27am) *
Sadly i won't be holding my breath on that one Prince. unsure.gif

Sadly you,re correct what Great Britain or United Kingdom needs is an elected Head of State in which the people chose it,s leader not unelected people in power making decisions mainly for the few and not the many maybe one day. I will not live long enough to see it hopefully my children will. Com on the Jags

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th Feb 2018, 10:39pm
Post #3503

Mega City Key Holder
An open letter to Boris Johnson:

Dear Mr Johnson

You are planning to address why Remainers’ hearts are scarred by leaving the EU. Allow me to give you some insights from a Remoaner snowflake that might help.

Our hearts are scarred because the official Leave campaign led by you offered a confection of unfulfillable promises that any realistic appraisal would show to be unachievable. But you and your colleagues worked hard to denigrate anyone who offered such a realistic appraisal by dismissing it as Project Fear and sneering at ‘experts’. You even admitted that you were offering voters the prospect of having our cake and eating it: which has always been a byword for the impossible. It is still impossible, and yet as the fog of bombastic rhetoric clears and the unsquareable circle becomes ever more discernible you and your fellow Brexiteers continue to promise the unachievable.

Our hearts are scarred because even with all the pie in the sky promises, Leave would not have achieved a majority if it hadn’t been aided by a xenophobic parallel campaign fronted by Nigel Farage. You may not have endorsed his demonisation of those who come to the UK from other countries, but you certainly reaped the benefit. Unlike the EU citizens who are living and working here legally yet who have been abused, assaulted and made to feel unwelcome on the back of the referendum result. The campaign which helped you to your victory has brought needless division and unhappiness to many people.

Our hearts are scarred because you and your free marketeer cohorts managed to translate the result of an advisory referendum into a purported demand from the People for far more than they ever voted for: not just to leave the EU, but to leave the Single Market and the Customs Union, to turn our back on our closest, largest market and transform the UK into a low regulation low tax offshore paradise for capitalists, combining Indian levels of environmental regulation with the tax rules of the British Virgin Islands. We do not want to see our country asset-stripped for the enrichment of a small cabal of businessmen and politicians for their own personal gain.

Our hearts are scarred because we care about our fellow citizens. The EU citizens who have come here to work and make a life in the UK, who have helped sustain our health service and our social care, who have contributed to our communities and our economic wellbeing. And our fellow British citizens who will suffer job losses, inflation and a diminished standard of living as a result of your desire to sacrifice our country on the altar of your ambition.

Our hearts are scarred because those who support Brexit have made every attempt to destroy the mechanisms that make our system of government great. You have repeatedly attempted to circumvent and neuter the sovereignty of Parliament (which is ironic, in view of Leave’s constant championing of Parliamentary sovereignty). You have cast doubt on the impartiality of the civil service. And you have sought to undermine the independence of the judiciary.

Our hearts are scarred because we are patriots, and because we believe that the referendum is being used by a small group to bring about an outcome which is utterly damaging to our country, the people who live in it, and the systems of law and government that have served as a model to the rest of the world for centuries.

And no bombast or empty promises from you will stop our hearts from being scarred. Time is running out, and all too soon you will have to stop your dance of the seven veils and stand naked before the People and before history. And they will judge you as we have already judged you: an empty, vain, ignorant man who was used by shadowy forces to destroy the country he falsely purported to love. So don’t worry about us: look in the mirror and worry about him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 14th Feb 2018, 07:33pm
Post #3504

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 13th Feb 2018, 10:39pm) *
and the systems of law and government that have served as a model to the rest of the world for centuries.

laugh.gif sorry amigo nearly spat ma coffee when I read this laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 14th Feb 2018, 10:30pm
Post #3505

Mega City Key Holder
Well, he didn't say they were a good model, Wombat! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 12:23pm
Post #3506

Mega City Key Holder
Come oot come oot wherever you are. laugh.gif

http://www.thenational.scot/news/16036085....ng_Hard_Brexit/

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

234 Pages V  « < 232 233 234
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Feb 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.