Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

183 Pages V  « < 181 182 183  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
TeeHeeHee
post 21st Mar 2021, 03:54pm
Post #2731

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Deleting all my eMails as I do on a Sunday without opening any as they're mainly EBay or Amagonnasellyousomethingzone, I did open the one from Slanj Kilts which promised 50% off Happy Jock Masks.
Having already canceelleed an order for tartan masks because of the long, long, wait for delivery; not the fact that the 12 quid masks had a delivery charge exceeding the cost of the mask you understand, I thought that maybe it was worth a buy at half price.
It might have been had my name had been Billbo as the only half price masks were those of the Stewart Clan and none other. rolleyes.gif
Shame really 'cos I would have got me a couple of Saltire masks wink.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Mar 2021, 07:54pm
Post #2732

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Partick Thistle masks for me Tomi, one home colours the other all black away colour. 6 each if i remember right.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 21st Mar 2021, 09:42pm
Post #2733

Mega City Key Holder
Is that supporters price, Jagz? They have them on Slanj Kilts too but they're 12 spondoolas a hit biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 22nd Mar 2021, 08:06am
Post #2734

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
It will be interesting to see whether there are spikes in the infection rates following the mass demonstrations over the last couple of weeks. The thuggery in Bristol last night is a clear indication that there are groups who will hijack "legitimate" causes to attack the police and other emergency services. I think we can expect more of the same over the coming weeks as it appears all sorts of groups think the right to protest will protect them from the threat of Covid huh.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 22nd Mar 2021, 11:28am
Post #2735

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 21st Mar 2021, 09:42pm) *
Is that supporters price, Jagz? They have them on Slanj Kilts too but they're 12 spondoolas a hit biggrin.gif

I can only assume that Slanj have doubled the price, if thats true that is a shocking rip off.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 22nd Mar 2021, 01:24pm
Post #2736

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Mar 2021, 11:28am) *
I can only assume that Slanj have doubled the price, if thats true that is a shocking rip off.

Bare faced cheek eh tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 22nd Mar 2021, 04:29pm
Post #2737

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 22nd Mar 2021, 01:24pm) *
Bare faced cheek eh tongue.gif

I see what you did there laugh.gif

+Quote Post
peter.howden
post 25th Mar 2021, 08:12am
Post #2738

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,485
During these long mental fatigue lockdowns, we keep wishing to return to normal, but what do we suggest, ‘Normal’ is. The elders of the society, (older fogies) use a phrase; ‘the good old day, but they weren’t all that good, only we cherry picked what we wish to remember. There will be a recover through the epidemic, but only if we can accept a new Normal…the critical enigma will be…can the world adapt…or wish too?

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 25th Mar 2021, 11:58am
Post #2739

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Mar 2021, 12:28pm) *

These were the original prices at the time of the FM sporting hers. I really did put in an order, regardless of the price, but it was only after the order went through that I saw the deliveery charge exceeeded the cost of the item. Still, I thought OK. I'll go with that, but after 3 weeks and a bit I got feed up waiting fot delivery so cancelled my order and stated it was for that reason. They stated then that they had unexpectedly been flooded with orders since the FM was seen wearing one of their products and had to gear up to meet demand ... they didn't say I was still at the back of the queue or would get one for half price but I can reead between the lines as good as the next one rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 25th Mar 2021, 12:50pm
Post #2740

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (peter.howden @ 25th Mar 2021, 09:12am) *
During these long mental fatigue lockdowns, we keep wishing to return to normal, but what do we suggest, ‘Normal’ is. The elders of the society, (older fogies) use a phrase; ‘the good old day, but they weren’t all that good, only we cherry picked what we wish to remember. There will be a recover through the epidemic, but only if we can accept a new Normal…the critical enigma will be…can the world adapt…or wish too?

Normal adjective
conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

Since each individual has their own standard or expectations then normal, by dint of its definition, can not be classed as a normality.
My normal, changed somewhat with the advent of the pandemic in several ways on a positive plane and with only one real negative.
My good ol' days will be remembered as those where:
Closed borders meant no more 50 mile drives to visit our friends soirees in France where English was not the comm0n parle.
Monthly visits to an eye clinic where an open hall was the wating-room with at least 4 meteers spacing betweeeen seating.
Journeys to same by train where no one asked Is this seat taken?
Queueing in supermarkets where one was assured that the chance of an impatient idiot behind one had no opportunity to crash their trolley into vulnerable heels.
Cosy evenings at home with, occasionally, a maximum 5 people around the dining table.
Walking down the high streeet without the normal incurred jostling of the great unwashed.

On the negative sidee:

Joggers! These are those who would normally do their jogging on a treadmill belt in a fitness ceenter but find that they now havee to jog through fieelds wheeree I walk my dog, off the leash, and never learned from childhood on that one should never run towards or awy from a dog with which they are not aquainted; especially when that dog, a herd protection dog, can only do what his instinct demands. yes.gif

Oh yes, I'll look back on the good ol' corona days wheen we return to normal laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 25th Mar 2021, 04:32pm
Post #2741

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (peter.howden @ 25th Mar 2021, 08:12am) *

Peter, I've had those debates about "normal", easy to end up going round and round in the proverbial ever decreasing. If you are suggesting that life will never be the same again, then I agree, but it was never going to be the same even without the pandemic. The pandemic has brought a different dynamic, that's for sure but so has Brexit (mostly under the radar). A great number of people have lost a lot, time, good health, other people, employment, personal opportunities, income, friendships and relationships whilst others have just become very rich.

We've just got to take it on the chin, move on and work with what we've got. There's plenty to moan about but it's by far outweighed by the stuff we should be thankful for.

(there endeth the lesson tongue.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post

183 Pages V  « < 181 182 183
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th Apr 2021

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.