Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1377 Pages V  « < 1375 1376 1377  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
kenb
post Today, 05:51pm
Post #20641

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
right danny you are on me and you germany road trip wey hey we will get the little dog bonnie and go for a walk down by the river cool.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
WEY HEY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 06:13pm
Post #20642

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (kenb @ 26th Sep 2017, 06:51pm) *
right danny you are on me and you germany road trip wey hey we will get the little dog bonnie and go for a walk down by the river B) :lol:

Okay Ken, but listen can wee gie the big yin the Glesga Kiss before we go on the walk? I might be too knackered to get up on your shoulders after a walk. Mind you, you could knee him in the goolies if all else fails.

I hope we are not going to Berlin. The last time I was there doing National Service, we built a pontoon barge to transport troops across the river. We got 2 yards out and hit a rock hidden from view under the water. It was very embarassing giving the order "Abandon ship". Especially as a group of elderly German woman who we thought were trying to rescue us, by tucking their dresses in their knickers,and wading out, shouting "God in Himmel", suddenly all raised their arms. It turned out that they thought World War II was still on and we were trying to arrest them!

That was 63 years ago. Some of my story might not be 100% accurate. But the boat sinking is.

Awe ra best

Danny

+Quote Post
kenb
post Today, 06:14pm
Post #20643

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
for goodness sake danny amigas not amigos we will be back from germany soon look after the boards tee hee hee oh sorry about the glesga kiss was it nice

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Today, 06:40pm
Post #20644

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Sep 2017, 10:04am) *
We'll leave the "sectarian" remark aside, if i take no offence at being called a Scottish nationalist then you should have no problem being called a British nationalist.

What a laugh, you say you get called a nationalist as if it's a slur against and why you refer to others are Britnats, now you say you dont take offence and thus others shouldn't when you lump them all together as 'them', 'yoons', 'red/blue/yellow tories' and Britnats. Keep denying you dont engage in 'sectarian politics' because you keep showing examples of it all the time. Respecting the results of a free and democratic referendum makes someone a democrat, not a Britnat.

You won't know this but your "expert" was a well kent face for Better Together to go to for a quote and gave talks at many BT meetings.

I would have thought that a professor as Glasgow Uni would hold some prestige among those with an understanding of finance and macro economics, I guess accepting £1 tips on top of fares rules you out laugh.gif
Heres the thing Jagz, even members of the SNP have questioned the use of fantasy oil projections as the basis of the SNPs white paper, you not only backed the white paper, you hyped it up that Scotland would be better off using that as 'proof'. Seeing as the oil price has tanked anyone with common sense would figure out that income from oil would drop and that costs incurred by the oil companies would be claimed back from taxes that were due. The SNP know this and even Finance minister John Swinney was calling for more tax breaks to help the industry, yet you are denying all this and imply it's all a conspiracy and questioning a guys impartiality because he was pointing out failings in the SNP financial figures 3 years ago.
As for the "SNP spokewummin" are you a misogynist or is it only female members of the SNP you despise?

LOL what a bloody tw*t! Point out where there is anything misogynistic in my post, I would say you are losing the plot but you lost it a long time ago and now resort to garbage like this. It seems you have been oota Glesga too long and dont understaun the patter, I was gonna say watch some Stanley Baxter but thats way too auld, try the chewin the fat sketches Glesgay banter and stop making a fool of yersel
You and Danny think you're doing so well by deflecting attention away from the shambles you voted for by avoiding the Brexit farce and talking about a non existent Indyref 2, but you can't hide forever.

Isn't this a thread about Scottish indy, we are ON TOPIC, it is you who is deflecting because you and Sturgeons wee Brexit hijack failed big time and cost them dearly as I said it would, over a year ago I said she should be working with the UK government to secure powers for Scotland and now she's crying wolf over these powers she did not want Scotland to have in the first place.

Ohh and I see you said Govanhill is getting better, I seen that the Scottish government awarded the council more powers to deal with dodgy landlords, a strange one that, just months after the SNP win control of the council the SNP government give them more powers. Not only jobs for the boys but powers for the boys(and wummin) too. Surely as this 'problem' (one of many) has been reported for years, these powers should have been awarded years ago

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Today, 06:58pm
Post #20645

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 26th Sep 2017, 01:53pm) *
Finally Jagz, Nicola Sturgeon says we need more immigrant in Scotland, because we have a falling population. She is all for an open borders policy. They support globalisation. So please, don't talk to me about the SNP being an independence party.

Danny

I dont know where the figures are from but there's plenty off houses getting built here and they're not cheap ones either (well out of my price range) Massive council house waiting lists mean if you're on it then you'll probably not get one any time soon.
Now what might be Sturgeons reasons for more immigration is that the Barnett formula is based on populations, as England attracts the most migrants by far their population share of the UK will rise in relation to Scotlands. Even if our population rises, it increases slower than England and as a result Scotlands % of population of the UK lowers and Scotlands budget falls.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Today, 07:08pm
Post #20646

Mega City Key Holder

THH I think that German politicians would be mad to ignore a rise in the AFD. You are right that it was a warning shot from the public, but like all warning shots it is intended for the ship to change course, if not the next one will most likely hit.
When politicians fail to address public concerns then the public will look to others who promise action. Only a fool will say thats rubbish because we can just look across Europe (and even the US) to see that more and more voters are switching to parties that are not part of the 'establishment' simply because the establishment are not listening.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
wombat
post Today, 09:05pm
Post #20647

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (DannyH @ 26th Sep 2017, 08:27am) *
Wombat, I think we all get the message. Your a bundle of laughs.

Danny Harris

tongue.gif thank you danny,for keeping me supplied with such good comedic material laugh.gif yes.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 09:08pm
Post #20648

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 26th Sep 2017, 08:40pm) *
What a laugh, you say you get called a nationalist as if it's a slur against and why you refer to others are Britnats, now you say you dont take offence and thus others shouldn't when you lump them all together as 'them', 'yoons', 'red/blue/yellow tories' and Britnats. Keep denying you dont engage in 'sectarian politics' because you keep showing examples of it all the time. Respecting the results of a free and democratic referendum makes someone a democrat, not a Britnat.

I would have thought that a professor as Glasgow Uni would hold some prestige among those with an understanding of finance and macro economics, I guess accepting £1 tips on top of fares rules you out laugh.gif
Heres the thing Jagz, even members of the SNP have questioned the use of fantasy oil projections as the basis of the SNPs white paper, you not only backed the white paper, you hyped it up that Scotland would be better off using that as 'proof'. Seeing as the oil price has tanked anyone with common sense would figure out that income from oil would drop and that costs incurred by the oil companies would be claimed back from taxes that were due. The SNP know this and even Finance minister John Swinney was calling for more tax breaks to help the industry, yet you are denying all this and imply it's all a conspiracy and questioning a guys impartiality because he was pointing out failings in the SNP financial figures 3 years ago.

LOL what a bloody tw*t! Point out where there is anything misogynistic in my post, I would say you are losing the plot but you lost it a long time ago and now resort to garbage like this. It seems you have been oota Glesga too long and dont understaun the patter, I was gonna say watch some Stanley Baxter but thats way too auld, try the chewin the fat sketches Glesgay banter and stop making a fool of yersel

Isn't this a thread about Scottish indy, we are ON TOPIC, it is you who is deflecting because you and Sturgeons wee Brexit hijack failed big time and cost them dearly as I said it would, over a year ago I said she should be working with the UK government to secure powers for Scotland and now she's crying wolf over these powers she did not want Scotland to have in the first place.

Ohh and I see you said Govanhill is getting better, I seen that the Scottish government awarded the council more powers to deal with dodgy landlords, a strange one that, just months after the SNP win control of the council the SNP government give them more powers. Not only jobs for the boys but powers for the boys(and wummin) too. Surely as this 'problem' (one of many) has been reported for years, these powers should have been awarded years ago

Attached Image

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post Today, 09:11pm
Post #20649

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Oh I don't think it's being ignored, John, the last thing this country; and its leaders, want is for this to happen but as you say the shot has been fired. But like the rise of Ukip and such like in Britain, it won't last more than a term: this is definitely not the start of something big ... although they do now have a seat in parliament ...but Germany is strong on Democratic rights.

Like I intoned earlier, no one is having angst attacks ... well ... no' the noo tongue.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
wombat
post Today, 09:18pm
Post #20650

Mega City Key Holder
tongue.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 09:32pm
Post #20651

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (wombat @ 26th Sep 2017, 11:18pm) *
tongue.gif

Ma dug's mair scary tha n your dug! laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
wombat
post Today, 09:35pm
Post #20652

Mega City Key Holder
rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

1377 Pages V  « < 1375 1376 1377
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.