Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ruchazie
Rating 5 V
SteveH
post 31st May 2015, 01:29pm
Post #46

Settling In
Member No.: 26,354
Hi Ian, A welcome surprise, good to hear from you, yes they were great days.....Last year I got in touch with Gerald Flood, (he ended up with a degree in chemistry and then stayed on to do a PhD. worked for a short time down near London in the pharmaceutical industry) he gave me the sad news that Andrew Thompson died at a very young age from heart problems.
I am well, I have two children who now both live in ............Cambridge...
small world.
I will try and contact you in Cambridge, good to chat, take care.
Best wishes. Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*ian millar*
post 28th Oct 2015, 01:02am
Post #47

Hi Ian Miller here i to have many memories of Ruchazie we moved there about 52 i think were there till mid sixties i most likely knocked on many of your doors lol to collect the milk money i worked for the Scottish farmers milk ppl till i was fifteen, then joined Beatties bakery as a van boy only for 1 yr , then it was of to the merchant navy and then the adventure began lol only lasted 4yrs , as we had the big strike , so it was of to Australia for me , never looked back ,been back to the old country many times but found it too cold. Ian.

+Quote Post
*douglas millar*
post 23rd Nov 2015, 10:06pm
Post #48

QUOTE (zascot @ 13th Jun 2014, 12:23pm) *
While looking for people does anyone remember John Law and John Little who were mates of mine ( Alex. Rae) all from Milincroft Road around 1960?

Hi doug millar here, yeh the 2 Johns were in my class ,remember them well, and Alex rae also do you remember Pauline Glen she was a tasty piece lol.

+Quote Post
*geo millan*
post 7th Jan 2016, 11:42am
Post #49

QUOTE (weelew @ 16th Dec 2014, 10:21pm) *
Searching for Jim Usher and Albert Weir , who used to stay in Ruchazie .Please contact me if anyone knows them

geo Millan 3 1 2016 hi alberts bro jim is married to my sis and jim usher lived across the street from me in coby

+Quote Post
weelew
post 18th Jan 2016, 10:46pm
Post #50

City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,131
QUOTE (geo millan @ 7th Jan 2016, 11:50am) *
geo Millan 3 1 2016 hi alberts bro jim is married to my sis and jim usher lived across the street from me in coby

Hi geo, thanks for your reply. I was trying to get in touch with one ofr both of them to inform them of the passing of an old friend of theirs from Ruchazie. His brother asked me to try and make contact with them via this site . If you get this message I would be obliged if you could pm me regarding details. Thank you
Weelew

+Quote Post
*Janice Wallace*
post 20th Jan 2016, 12:45am
Post #51

Trying to locate old school friend Lesley or Hazel McCallum, used to live in Milncroft Road (43 I think). Family moved to Cumbernauld early 70s. I believe Lesley emigrated to Australia, which is where I am now. Thanks.smile.gif

+Quote Post
*Paul Brady*
post 22nd Feb 2016, 06:59am
Post #52

QUOTE (aaron king @ 12th Jun 2014, 12:44pm) *
Hi all ruchazians ,I have been searching a few years now fir a really good friend from late 70s .his name was John Cameron he stayed no 4 Claypotts rd with his wife Margaret and daughters Ann and Joan also Margaret,John worked with me in Cuthbertsons music shop our firms van was always parked at his close ,Cuthbertson was name on van ,not had any contact since 1980,John was also member of Terretorial Army at yorkhill.would dearly love to hear from him or members of the family

+Quote Post
*Ian Blackwood*
post 9th May 2016, 10:26am
Post #53

QUOTE (SteveH @ 3rd Jul 2014, 11:53am) *
I lived in 8 Dunnotter St. This block was all fire service houses, The Hamiltons,McFarlanes,Clarks,Thompsons and the Floods, can not remember the others. I went to St Philips and St Gregorys. Some of the names mentioned I think I remember Alex. Rae and Tam McGregor and Joan Purcel. The names I remember from my block were Ian H. Andy T. Brian and Kathleen Clark Wilson F. and I think David Mc. just remembered Janice T. would be great to hear from old friends, great site , bringing back good old times.

I lived in 6 Dunnotter St (not 8) and this was the firemen's close with the Hamiltons, Floods etc.

My friends were Ian Hamilton, John Ball and Bobby Robertson who both lived across the road.

+Quote Post
**SteveH**
post 18th Jul 2016, 10:54pm
Post #54

QUOTE (Ian Blackwood @ 9th May 2016, 10:26am) *
I lived in 6 Dunnotter St (not 8) and this was the firemen's close with the Hamiltons, Floods etc.

My friends were Ian Hamilton, John Ball and Bobby Robertson who both lived across the road.

Hi. Ian,Your name seems familiar, I lived at No. 8 and I am assuming you have seen the previous recent posts, mentioning the passing of Andy T. I am sorry to say that David Mc. has also passed.

Sorry for the bad news, but it was good to read your post.

+Quote Post
*Jean Usher*
post 27th Aug 2016, 01:28pm
Post #55

QUOTE (weelew @ 16th Dec 2014, 10:13pm) *
Searching for Jim Usher and Albert Weir , who used to stay in Ruchazie .Please contact me if anyone knows them

Jim Usher is my brother and Albert Weir is his pal the Weir family lived in the farm across from Croftcroighn Road.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.