Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Priesthill
Rating 5 V
wee izzy
post 6th Aug 2003, 03:40am
Post #16

Visitor
Member No.: 137
hi jimmyd i know nat kirkwood he married to my pal susan smith from priesthill cresant they now live up lunderson dr.near gowanbank school i came here to u.s.a with her sister margret did you know her brother owenie and margret p i run about priesthill at that time did you know andrea maclean from linhead or jean brown i knew lots of folks from ravencraig so give us some names i went to sir john maxwell at he roundabout before that gowanbank jimmy i have not heard from you about paridise or your third wish ha! ha!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 6th Aug 2003, 12:14pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
Izzy, if you knew Nat then you probably knew my brother Danny,not sure but think Danny may have been the best man,at Nats wedding.I know Nat was Dannys bset man.I was in Aust at that time.Nat practically lived at my Maws hoose.

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 20th Aug 2003, 02:14pm
Post #18

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
I stayed in Kaim Dr from 1964. My mother only left there 4 years ago, back to Gods Country - Govan.

I went to school at St Roberts Primary and Bellarmine secondary.

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post
Shamus
post 24th Aug 2003, 05:14pm
Post #19

Super Visitor
Member No.: 16
Now here's a wee surprise fur yeez awe...cannae remember the dates but it wiz years an years ago.. rolleyes.gif
We lived at 212 Muirshiel Crescent right next to the bus terminus,our girls attended St Berards (thier first School) .. at that time,and not for long,I was a taxi driving for county cabs in Carnwadrick..is that the right spelling ..?? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
wee sammy
post 21st Sep 2003, 03:12pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 64
also lived in priesthill got out just as the place was going down the shitter lots of good times i had there does anyone have photos of the place love to see them ??

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 21st Sep 2003, 11:00pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Sammy,welcome tae the boards ,what part of Priesthill did you live in ??.I was chatting with my sister last night,and she turned her web cam around to look out the windae.She lives in Househillmiur Rd,opposite Freeland drive.It looked great,they have done a magic job of cleaning up the place. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
Margaret P
post 21st Sep 2003, 11:16pm
Post #22

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25
I was back in priesthill 2 yrs ago they have done a great job there all new houses, ST Roberts is still there biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jeanpet
post 22nd Sep 2003, 10:56pm
Post #23

Settling In
Member No.: 469
My aunt , uncle and cousins lived in Priest Hill. Can't remember the street but they lived in the Pre Fabs...their name was ROME. That would be in the 60's .

+Quote Post
Margaret P
post 23rd Sep 2003, 06:33am
Post #24

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25
Hi jean was it cleave rd they lived in on the way to nittshill

+Quote Post
Italia
post 26th Sep 2003, 05:13am
Post #25

Super Resident
Member No.: 253
My uncle lived in Neilson Ave., their name is Adams, Joe,George,Margaret and Molly. I went to Gowanbank school 1951/59 I had a lot of friends from Preisthill, I'm Marion Scott originally from the "bundy" but in '59 we moved to Househillmuir Rd.

+Quote Post
wee sammy
post 28th Sep 2003, 03:39am
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
:(hello
you buggars i lived at the top of priesthill rd no9 to be exact what a great place lost to history

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 30th Sep 2003, 01:13am
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Sammy ,surely No 9 would have been at the Peat Rd end,which is the bottom LOL. If you did, then you were near Anne who posts on here.
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
anne
post 30th Sep 2003, 11:09am
Post #28

City Key Holder
Member No.: 35
Jiiiiimmy, I lived at 170 Priesthill Rd, the Peat Rd end as you know, no 9 was at the other end. rolleyes.gif

Anne Perth Aussieland

+Quote Post
wee sammy
post 1st Oct 2003, 11:34pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Yes number 9 was at the top of priesthill rd at the bus terminus were the 48a bus and the 26 bus would sit for a while before they would head for the town and govan

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 3rd Oct 2003, 08:17am
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Well there ye go noo,I lived at 6 Ravenscraig ,which was at the Househillmuir rd end ,and just assumed that the numbers would have been the same.Typical Glesga Corporation,aw erse fur elbow.Sammy ye probably came on ma bus, looking fur a shullin fur the meter. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.