Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drumchapel
kenb
post 31st May 2017, 11:44am
Post #331

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
hi "doreen"it looks like you had problems please try again

--------------------
WEY HEY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Guest Ian hillon*
post 2nd Jul 2017, 02:10pm
Post #332

Hi all.brilliant forum. Loved my days in the drum. Stayed top of Inchfad (74) I seem to remember. Many memories , the burn bluebell woods and cycling to bowling. Felt so safe then.Went to cleddans primary. Miss Mcguire was my teacher. Pals I remember liz and ann paterson kenny Clark Willie Murray eddie Healy.Went to kingsridge for short spell then moved away to bellahouston.would love to hear from anyone who remembers me. I'm 66 now but still remember my days in the drum.

+Quote Post
kenb
post 3rd Jul 2017, 07:45am
Post #333

Mega City Key Holder
come to the boards ian

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
big al
post 27th Jul 2017, 03:36pm
Post #334

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 42
Does anyone why and when parts of Drummore Road were demolished?

--------------------
That'll be the day........

+Quote Post
youngsy
post 31st Jul 2017, 02:02pm
Post #335

Settling In
Member No.: 8,726
QUOTE (*Alastair* @ 15th Oct 2016, 05:26pm) *
Hi All

Name is Alastair Irvine

Ive just come across this forum and it has brought back a lot of memories .

My Family moved to the " Drum " in about 1965 where i attended Cleddans Primary School with my younger sister Kim . I only have fond memories of my time there . I was also a member of 221 Boys Brigade . We lived at No 12 Katewell . Following Cleddans i then moved on to Kingsridge . We then moved down south to England in about 1973 . My mum is called Sadie and worked at the whiskey bond . Her best friend at the time was a lady called Jessie Aitken . ( unfortunately i recall a while back that her son Roddy and his wife were the victims of a vicious murder !! . Anyway i can also recall my first love .... a lovely lassie called Morag Curran !

Alistair i lived at 23 Katewell ave, across the road from you, I was a member of the 221st Lifeboys and then Boys Brigade from 1962 until 1970. Also in the 221st was John Galbraith who lived in number 14, Andy Miller and Neil Campbell who lived in number 16, Andy is the brother of Alex Miller who played for Rangers. Most of the lads from that area were members, my brother John Young, as well as Tommy Brown, John Hume, Billy Brown. Do you remember Tom Pickering ,Sam Gray and Gordon Gallagher who were officers of the 221st. Like yourself we all went to Cleddans and then Kingsridge.

Best regards, Dan Young.

+Quote Post
*Guest Ian hillon*
post 20th Aug 2017, 01:22pm
Post #336

QUOTE (kenb @ 3rd Jul 2017, 07:45am) *
come to the boards ian

Hi Ken. Thanks for the welcome. My family were mum and dad Betty and Jimmy Hillon. Siblings Leslie and Margaret which wee brother Jim coming later. The reason I've come on the forum is,that I through my 66 years so far have realised how good the Drum was. I live in Cumbernauld now. Life goes on and I think it is a great way of keeping the old grey cells working.

ps To Ricky of the buck I just missed your mob .

Ramsay I knew well from the Maltings (closed again).

Take care everyone. x

+Quote Post
kenb
post 20th Aug 2017, 01:44pm
Post #337

Mega City Key Holder
ian hillon were did you live in the drum what school s did you go to have you anypics of thedrum or schools when you were there

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
*Ian hillon.*
post 9th Sep 2017, 11:44am
Post #338

Hi Ken. Moved to the Drum from Springburn early fifties. Lived @ 74 Inchfad Drive. Went to Cleddans primary, then Kingsridge before moving to Bellahouston. Finished at Bellahouston Academy in 1966. Sporty. No photos. Take care.

+Quote Post
*Andy Calder*
post 19th Nov 2017, 09:18pm
Post #339

QUOTE (youngsy @ 31st Jul 2017, 02:02pm) *
. Do you remember Tom Pickering ,Sam Gray and Gordon Gallagher who were officers of the 221st. Like yourself we all went to Cleddans and then Kingsridge.

Best regards, Dan Young.

I remember Sam Gray as My Captain in the 221st .. 1973 -79

+Quote Post
*Ian hillon*
post 19th Nov 2017, 09:19pm
Post #340

Sorry the forums have slowed down . I asked before if anyone remembers me from inchfad drive in late fifties early sixties. People I remember. From cleddans, Ian Campbell , alan and ann sheriff, ann savage Elisabeth Josie Ozzie paterson ann paterson ann smith Willy Murray kenny clark must be so much more love u all.

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.