Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Shooting In A School
john.mcn
post 9th Jan 2013, 01:57am
Post #91

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Was that legal or illegal firearms ?

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 9th Jan 2013, 04:15am
Post #92

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
It is believed there is very little overlap between legal and illegal guns.
Considering just about everybody owns one (including children - average age 14 either owning, handling a hand gun) according to statistics, even babes in arms might own one.

per 100,000 people 3 homicides per year US
per 100,000 people 0.07 homicides per year UK (40 times less)

Alex Jones did get one thing right - they make it much easier to kill yourself - half of all suicides involve a firearm in annual gun death stats - GREAT!

It aint no joking matter, john

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 9th Jan 2013, 08:34pm
Post #93

Mega City Key Holder

And if the other half of suicides are by hanging are you for banning rope too?

Aren't the vast majority of gun owning Americans law abiding citizens, aren't the vast majority of murders committed by illegally held firearms ?

BTW i watched that vid of Piers Morgan and Alex Jones talks some sense, i would want some foreigners telling me to change laws deported as well.

PS someone who talks sense
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...y-thomas-sowell

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
taurus
post 9th Jan 2013, 08:52pm
Post #94

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
I think all these violent movies have a big influence on young minds,I was watching Die Hard the other night,and all I could think of ,was the affect this must have on impresssionable young minds,who think they`ll be a part of this fantasy,but in real life,when it`s a one off,no turning back after they pull the trigger.Of course that`s only a very minor aspect of a big problem,and only my personal view as I see it. Nothing it seems will stop the bad guys from knocking each other off,shooting is so much quicker than poisoning.Just this morning on our news,2 families were on the beach watching the tragedy of a man drowning,neither of these people knew the man,but an altercation broke out between the 2 families,and one shot the other in the head. Senseless or what? and who takes a gun to the beach?.

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 9th Jan 2013, 09:14pm
Post #95

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th Jan 2013, 08:51pm) *
A bullet from a gun, is much faster (and more messy)
Aren't the vast majority of gun owning Americans law abiding citizens, aren't the vast majority of murders committed by illegally held firearms ?
It is estimated 46% of Americans qualify for some form of mental illness. (Mostly anxiety/depression/ why make it easier to reach for a swift solution to your problems?
BTW i watched that vid of Piers Morgan and Alex Jones talks some sense, i would want some foreigners telling me to change laws deported as well.
At the end, Jones emphatically puts the blame 9/11 directly with the US Government. The man wants locking up, to protect him from himself. What does he need FIFTY guns for? does he have a lot of enemies?

But, if you look back through history, you will find that Britain has had a lower murder rate than the United States for more than two centuries – and, for most of that time, the British had no more stringent gun control laws than the United States.

You place credibility to this man?
ITS ILLEGAL TO EVEN HAVE ONE WITHOUT BEING CERTIFIED in the UK

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 9th Jan 2013, 10:10pm
Post #96

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wee davy @ 9th Jan 2013, 09:31pm) *
A bullet from a gun, is much faster (and more messy)

So you prefer a person to suffer by being choked to death over a swift end? And here me thinking you were a compassionate man tongue.gif Apart from that i've heard hanging can be very messy.

It is estimated 46% of Americans qualify for some form of mental illness. (Mostly anxiety/depression/ why make it easier to reach for a swift solution to your problems?

A free people can choose how to live, and when to die, why are you so nanny state saying people should not top themselves, if it isn't by a bullet it will be in front of a train or off a bridge, people should be allowed to end their life if they choose.
You place credibility to this man?
ITS ILLEGAL TO EVEN HAVE ONE WITHOUT BEING CERTIFIED in the UK

??
Did you glance over it? He said in history, in fact he stated it was easier to buy a gun in the middle of the last century in London than New York, yet New York had a lot higher gun crime.

BTW has personal ownership of guns being illegal in the UK stopped, or even lowered gun deaths?

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 13th May 2013, 06:51am
Post #97

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
" If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today "

Homer Simpson.

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
*Guvinjim*
post 18th May 2013, 10:14am
Post #98

QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th Jan 2013, 08:51pm) *

Contrary to popular opinion among the fire arms aficionados in the States, most gun related killings occur in and around the home, perpetrated for the most part by "law abiding" citizens in possession of fire arms to defend their homes. Gun deaths of home invaders IE. robbers, burglars etc. at the hands of the home owners are practically so rare as to have little statistical significance. Most killing are inter family or interpersonal whether by accident or design.

These fire arm for the most part are registered fire arms held by law abiding citizens. The "illegal guns" causing the most mayhem is a fiction generated by the pathetic emasculated "if you take away their weapons", American Gun Lobby.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.