Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk General Election 2019
JAGZ1876
post 30th Nov 2019, 11:42am
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 29th Nov 2019, 11:25pm) *
Jagz, I didn’t miss your post. I didn’t bother reading it. However, I have just looked it up. So Johnson didn’t go on the Channel 4 programme, but asked if Gove could take his place. Channel 4 refused this request, so now a Conservative source is reported to have said that Channel 4’s license could be looked at sometime in the future. Wow!

Let’s compare that to Nicola Sturgeon’s plan to support a Labour Government, provided Corbyn agrees to another Scotland Independence referendum next year. Tell me which of the two scenarios is the more likely to become a reality?

That was a rhetorical question by the way.

Danny

That's not a rhetorical question at all Danny, Labour have no chance of forming the next Westminster government, so your first scenario is the most likely to happen.

Just out of curiosity, why do you not read links? unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 30th Nov 2019, 11:54am
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Danny, If bilbo or Wombat were to casually throw a false accusation of racism against others while trying to pass it off as a joke by adding a laughing Emoji then yes, i would point out the error of their ways.

So you won't tell us who you'll vote for and why?

Do you honestly think that being out of the EU will stop human trafficking?

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 30th Nov 2019, 12:18pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Nov 2019, 11:42am) *
That's not a rhetorical question at all Danny, Labour have no chance of forming the next Westminster government, so your first scenario is the most likely to happen.

Just out of curiosity, why do you not read links? :unsure:

Hi Jagz, good of you to stay on the topic.

Based on the media coverage of this General Election, I agree with you that Labour has no chance of forming the next Westminster Government. For the same reason, I also think that no political Party has a chance of forming a Westminster Government. So it looks like it is going to be a hung Parliament once again. In other words, we are back to square one.

This means that neither the Tories or Labour will be held to account for the promises they made during the run up to the election. I think it is ironical that the Scottish electorate, including EU Nationals, voted to stay in the UK during the Scotland Independence referendum, and now the future of the whole of the UK is being held to ransom by the SNP. That is of course based on the assumption that the SNP will obtain a significant number of Parliamentary Constituencies.

Regarding me reading the links, I didn’t know it was compulsory to do so. I have other things to attend to.

Danny

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 30th Nov 2019, 01:28pm
Post #34

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Danny, the Bookies think the Conservatives will have a majority of circa 50, they also reckon
the Gnats will get around 44 seats.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 30th Nov 2019, 02:30pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 30th Nov 2019, 12:18pm) *
Hi Jagz, good of you to stay on the topic.

and now the future of the whole of the UK is being held to ransom by the SNP. That is of course based on the assumption that the SNP will obtain a significant number of Parliamentary Constituencies.

Regarding me reading the links, I didn’t know it was compulsory to do so. I have other things to attend to.

Danny

Nice of you to say so Danny, but i rarely go off topic, i was replying to Zascot who had gone off topic but you seem ok with that.

Can you explain how you think the SNP will hold the whole of the UK to ransom?

You're right it's not compulsory to read links, but when you're having a discussion with someone it's courteous to understand their viewpoint.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 30th Nov 2019, 11:38pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Nov 2019, 02:30pm) *
Nice of you to say so Danny, but i rarely go off topic, i was replying to Zascot who had gone off topic but you seem ok with that.

Can you explain how you think the SNP will hold the whole of the UK to ransom?

You're right it's not compulsory to read links, but when you're having a discussion with someone it's courteous to understand their viewpoint.

I will ignore your claim that you rarely go off topic. I will leave others to have their own opinions about that.

Jagz, if you need me to explain why I think the SNP will hold the country to ransom, then we live on different planets. The language she has used on TV debates is straightforward. She is shooting from the hip.

She won’t support a Tory Government. She will only support Labour if Corbyn agrees to a second referendum. She expects the SNP to have the third largest number of Parliamentary seats, as they do now. Need I say more?

Regarding your comment that when you are having a discussion with someone it is courteous to understand their viewpoint, I think you are correct. From my perspective it would be helpful to me as a reader if you would give readers your viewpoint. In some cases you give one liners, then give the link.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 30th Nov 2019, 11:55pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Nov 2019, 11:54am) *
Danny, If bilbo or Wombat were to casually throw a false accusation of racism against others while trying to pass it off as a joke by adding a laughing Emoji then yes, i would point out the error of their ways.

So you won't tell us who you'll vote for and why?

Do you honestly think that being out of the EU will stop human trafficking?

Jagz this is becoming a full time job for us.

I won’t tell you who I am voting for, the simple reason is, I am waiting for public meetings to take place. You know, in the days before Social media, we could question the candidates of the various Parties.

Three leaflets came through our letterbox today.

1 The Green Party.

Heading

THE GREENS HAVE A PLAN

Our Scottish Green New Deal would transform the economy, create hundreds of thousands of new jobs in green industries and slash emissions.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Are they going to give everybody a manual lawnmower? I am all for saving the planet, but until we know from the Green Party how they are going to develop the technology which would create hundreds of thousands of new jobs, they don’t get my vote.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 1st Dec 2019, 12:16am
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 30th Nov 2019, 01:28pm) *
Danny, the Bookies think the Conservatives will have a majority of circa 50, they also reckon
the Gnats will get around 44 seats.

Hi Dykejumper

I haven’t forgotten you!

I keep thinking back to the night the Brexit results finally came in. I seem to recall that up until almost the last minute, the odds were on the UK remaining in the EU.

The one that really stands out is the night Neil Kinnock thought he had won the General Election. I clearly remember him raising his hand in triumph, shouting something like, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. He lost.

His punishment, and I seem to remember his wife being punished in the same way, was to be banished to the EU as a COMMISSIONER! The people who have the last say.

So it has dawned on me that Nicola Sturgeon, has her personal agenda.

Step 1. Become the first ever Prime Minister of Scotland, and will be remembered for ever In Scottish history.

Step 2 She fails to get that office even although Scotland does become Independent. She is appointed as an EU Commissioner for her services to Scotland.

Step3 She awakens from her dreams. Scotland got its Independence, but the EU rejected Scotland’s application for membership. The SNP didn’t win a majority in the first Scottish General Election. She is out of a job.

Don’t laugh. It could happen. If Scotland gets Independence, the SNP can’t survive if all they can come up with is blaming other people for what happened in the past.

Sorry Dykejumper, hope I haven’t kept you up late!

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Dec 2019, 01:08pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 30th Nov 2019, 11:55pm) *
Jagz this is becoming a full time job for us.

I won’t tell you who I am voting for, the simple reason is, I am waiting for public meetings to take place. You know, in the days before Social media, we could question the candidates of the various Parties.

Three leaflets came through our letterbox today.

1 The Green Party.

Heading

THE GREENS HAVE A PLAN

Our Scottish Green New Deal would transform the economy, create hundreds of thousands of new jobs in green industries and slash emissions.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Are they going to give everybody a manual lawnmower? I am all for saving the planet, but until we know from the Green Party how they are going to develop the technology which would create hundreds of thousands of new jobs, they don’t get my vote.

Danny

What's becoming a full time job for us?

Yes i remember public meetings, when and where are they being held in your area?

So you won't be voting SNP, Lib Dem and now the Greens, so will you throw your vote away voting Labour, or are you honestly saying that you would seriously consider voting Tory?

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 1st Dec 2019, 01:12pm
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Dec 2019, 01:08pm) *

Yes i remember public meetings, when and where are they being held in your area?

So you won't be voting SNP, Lib Dem and now the Greens, so will you throw your vote away voting Labour, or are you honestly saying that you would seriously consider voting Tory?

Don't forget there are other choices including the rebranded UKIP party that is the Brexit party rolleyes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Dec 2019, 03:13pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 1st Dec 2019, 01:12pm) *
Don't forget there are other choices including the rebranded UKIP party that is the Brexit party rolleyes.gif

I'm pretty sure even Danny wouldn't vote for them. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 1st Dec 2019, 06:47pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Dec 2019, 01:08pm) *

Posting on this forum is becoming a full time job.

So far I have not seen any notification of proposed public meetings in my area.

Jagz, as far as I am concerned I would be throwing my vote away for any Party which doesn’t support the outcome of the EU referendum. The outcome of that referendum was a democratically achieved result.

I was made redundant by a Tory Government, so I have no love of them. I just want out of the EU, okay?
If we get out of the EU, then it is mission accomplished for me. Then we will get back to some sort of normality, and hopefully we can all get back to normality when it comes to General Elections. That is, we can stop resorting to tactical voting. I am not alone in doing this. I have seen a number of working class people, on TV, who were lifelong Labour supporters, but will vote Tory in this election.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Dec 2019, 07:22pm
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Dec 2019, 06:47pm) *
Posting on this forum is becoming a full time job.

So far I have not seen any notification of proposed public meetings in my area.

Jagz, as far as I am concerned I would be throwing my vote away for any Party which doesn’t support the outcome of the EU referendum. The outcome of that referendum was a democratically achieved result.

I was made redundant by a Tory Government, so I have no love of them. I just want out of the EU, okay?
If we get out of the EU, then it is mission accomplished for me. Then we will get back to some sort of normality, and hopefully we can all get back to normality when it comes to General Elections. That is, we can stop resorting to tactical voting. I am not alone in doing this. I have seen a number of working class people, on TV, who were lifelong Labour supporters, but will vote Tory in this election.

Danny

Take it easy if you think it's becoming a bit too much for you.

They're leaving it a bit late, the election is a week on Thursday.

Can't see you voting Labour as they don't know what their stand in Brexit is, so you were always going to vote Tory so no need to pretend you want to hear the candidates speak at the local hall anymore.

If you can vote for the party of greed austerity and the enemy of the poor, sick elderly and disabled then i honestly don't know how you can sleep at night?

+Quote Post
wombat
post 1st Dec 2019, 07:50pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Dec 2019, 12:16am) *
Don’t laugh. It could happen. If Scotland gets Independence, the SNP can’t survive if all they can come up with is blaming other people for what happened in the past.

Danny

laugh.gif
next thing youll be telling us Britain was the worlds benefactor. laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 1st Dec 2019, 08:31pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Dec 2019, 07:22pm) *
Take it easy if you think it's becoming a bit too much for you.

They're leaving it a bit late, the election is a week on Thursday.

Can't see you voting Labour as they don't know what their stand in Brexit is, so you were always going to vote Tory so no need to pretend you want to hear the candidates speak at the local hall anymore.

If you can vote for the party of greed austerity and the enemy of the poor, sick elderly and disabled then i honestly don't know how you can sleep at night?

Jagz, I will just respond to your closing statement above. It is sick! It is a clear indication that you are someone who cannot debate civilly. It is pointless trying to have a reasoned discussion with you. How low can you sink!

Danny

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.