Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Firefox, unsafe connection
Dave Grieve
post 5th Nov 2014, 02:18pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Anybody else having the same problem as me I am using FIREFOX and every time I try to open up a new site the message comes up that this is an unsafe website, even when I try to click into FIREFOX itself it comes up this is an unsafe website, its not my anti virus as the message states that the site certificate has expired but allows me to override some blocked sites and other not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 5th Nov 2014, 02:31pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Dave, have you got more than one Anti-Virus Programme? Usually you get one warning you about a "legal" site which can cause you Problems ... meaning the other which you might have installed.
Anyway, I gave up on Firefox a Long time ago (although I still have it installed)

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 5th Nov 2014, 03:27pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 5th Nov 2014, 02:48pm) *
Dave, have you got more than one Anti-Virus Programme? Usually you get one warning you about a "legal" site which can cause you Problems ... meaning the other which you might have installed.
Anyway, I gave up on Firefox a Long time ago (although I still have it installed)

Me tae anaw tongue.gif , found I was having more problems with Firefox than it was solving.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
ktv
post 5th Nov 2014, 04:27pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
common occurrence on ff

its malware redirecting your url requests via another (dodgy) site.

do a full av scan......then do a boot scan (itl take hours but will clean your machine right up)

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 6th Nov 2014, 08:40am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Thanks ktv, that's the second time you have been able to help me with a problem, I found out the only anti virus that does boot scans is Avast and downloaded it , it cleared up the problem with its opening scan, so much for AVG being good protection.
I took your advice and got rid of corrupt in more ways than one sites

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Feb 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.