Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blackhill
*Graham Tarburn*
post 8th May 2012, 07:45pm
Post #76

I remember old mr n mrs Boyle. They stayed next door to my granny n granda Agnes n Neil McCrimmon in 59 Craigendmuir street. I remember wen I was young boy I used to go to the shop for them sumtimes. They wer a nice old couple. you may know ma mum, Betty Tarburn (McCrimmon).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Graham Tarburn*
post 8th May 2012, 08:15pm
Post #77

Hi, I remember ur mums parents, old mr n mrs Boyle. They stayed next door to my granny n granda, Agnes n Neil McCrimmon in 59 Craigendmuir street. I remember I used to go to the shops sumtimes for mrs Boyle. They wer a nice old couple,n old mr Boyle was always joking with us. Your mum may know my mum, Betty Tarburn,(McCrimmon).

+Quote Post
*TMJ kids*
post 9th May 2012, 02:46am
Post #78

My mom did know your grandparents and your mom and your aunt Mary. She found Neil Mclean on facebook but there was no option to send him a message. She is very sorry about your aunt, Neil's mom. My parents are in Canada and have been there since 1972.

QUOTE (Graham Tarburn @ 8th May 2012, 08:13pm) *
Hi, I remember ur mums parents, old mr n mrs Boyle. They stayed next door to my granny n granda, Agnes n Neil McCrimmon in 59 Craigendmuir street. I remember I used to go to the shops sumtimes for mrs Boyle. They wer a nice old couple,n old mr Boyle was always joking with us. Your mum may know my mum, Betty Tarburn,(McCrimmon).

+Quote Post
*katemclean*
post 9th May 2012, 04:02am
Post #79

QUOTE (Emily Young - nee @ 12th Aug 2011, 05:36pm) *
Reply - I remember when your Grandfather.Grandmother lived in Bright St in the Garngad. I was pals with your Aunt Cathy around that time - I also knew Jack McLean - whom your Aunt Cathy married - we had some great times growing up and playing in Garngad and Blackhill. Your Aunt Cathy was a good very good lady - I now live in the USA these past 48 years. I was home a couple of years ago and loved it.I also knew Lily - your mother - I bet she would remember me. Emily Rigley - now Emily Young. I was sorry to hear when I was home that Cathy died. By the way , your grandparents were very kind to me. I hope your get this note

+Quote Post
*thomas chawner*
post 21st May 2012, 12:06pm
Post #80

QUOTE (rhonda keys @ 8th May 2012, 05:14pm) *
Hi there are you the carlins that lived in 18 Queenslie street. We were the Taylors who lived above you on the top floor. There was Peter Rhonda Shirley Angela and Pamela. You lived next door to Mick Henaghan There is a brilliant website called Blackhill memories if you want me to log you in to it. email me rhonda_keys@hotmail.com

hi rhonda my name is thomas chawner i am cousins to podgie carlin my email address is thomas.chawner@hotmail.co.uk how are you im living essex now got 5 kids

+Quote Post
Graham T
post 4th Jun 2012, 09:29pm
Post #81

Unpacking
Member No.: 12,850
QUOTE (TJM kid @ 10th Oct 2010, 05:36pm) *
Are you still in Scotland? My parents remember your mom and her sisters. They were sorry to hear about Jean and Agnes. My mom lost her sister Cathy about 10 years ago at a young age too. Her brothers Ian and Hughie are still in Scotland but she does not keep in touch with them. Did your mom's sisters have kids? My parents think Jean had a girl that is ages with me. Thanks for your response.

Hi, Im Graham Tarburn, am 1 of Betty McCrimmons boys. yes my aunty Jean had girl Jaqueline who is roughly about 50 or sumfin just now. We all still live in Blackhill just now,(well Provanmill). we are still a close family. I always remember your granny n granda (old mr n mrs Boyle who stayed next door to my mums mum,my wee nana n granda Agnes n Neil McCrimmon. I always remember I used to stay with my nana n I used to go to the shop for old mr Boyle sometimes, and he was always a pleasant old man. I was tellin my mum about this site and she told me to ask you to tell your mum she was askin for her and she hopes everythings goin good for her.

+Quote Post
*anna mclaughlin*
post 5th Aug 2012, 05:19pm
Post #82

QUOTE (teashy @ 15th Jan 2012, 04:25am) *
hi i knew podgie well tell him i says hi xx

+Quote Post
*anna mclaughlin*
post 5th Aug 2012, 05:24pm
Post #83

QUOTE (teashy @ 15th Jan 2012, 04:25am) *
hi i knew podgie well tell him i says hi xx

hi, im anna mclaughlin and i lived at 16 queenslie street.
i used to play with barbara carland but knew all her family. also knew the conroys, rosemary and cathleen.

+Quote Post
helenmac
post 5th Aug 2012, 07:05pm
Post #84

Unpacking
Member No.: 13,227
QUOTE (rondo @ 6th Sep 2009, 02:45pm) *
just add my family were brought up in marystone st my dad was joe my mum veronica nee johnstone my granny johnstone stay4ed in drumpleir st and moodisburn st she and my granda were one of the first families to move to blackhill as they came fae garngade they had a big family frank helen eddie joe mary magaret treasa pat william peter my dad family hailed fae parkheid and they were grahams they also had a big family my brother was born in 30 marystone st and my anntie helen stayed in the same close as my anntie mags mccabe my granda francie johnstones sisters were both in marystone st as well both married to mcwans they were annie and margeret my dads mum my granny was masie graham and lived in creigendmuir st with my anntie masie a few cloes along her name was caruthers my unk hugh lived in criggy with my granny till he died his sons billy and hugh both stayed in ackerhill st my first hoose in blackhill was criggy to and i married and divorced a blackhill boy called hunter my granny johnstone has a memorial tree on the royston rd dedcated to her nancy was her name and she along with my jamesion mrs viegtch and mrs gorden were all on the community council for many yrs my granny did the penisoners lunch club wen it was a hut in spare ground and helepd get the comm centre built sadly not there noo, if anyone remembers any of the ones iv mention get in touch it will be good to here about them in their early days

Hi
My mum was francie 's sister Annie and she married john mc keown , your mum is my cousin and my name is Helen mc Keown . Tell your mum I'm asking for her xx

+Quote Post
rondo
post 5th Aug 2012, 07:35pm
Post #85

Visitor
Member No.: 7,433
QUOTE (helenmac @ 5th Aug 2012, 09:20pm) *
Hi
My mum was francie 's sister Annie and she married john mc keown , your mum is my cousin and my name is Helen mc Keown . Tell your mum I'm asking for her xx

hi Helen iv been looking for you all on Facebook found Mary is it on there the BLACKHILL site my mum is on Facebook to her second name is muirhead i live in BLACKHILL and remember very fondly auntie Annie and Auntie Margaret and Helen etc was wondering wot happened to the other members of granda fam as we haven't seen any of u for many yrs my mum stays in Dumfries now and has dun for a long time its lovely to here from you and i hope life's being good to you was wondering were Gary is and and were u all ended up we lost unk frank 2yrs ago and unk Joe 3 and young Ellen Evans last yr so b nice to know ur all doing well i still visit auntie Annie grave from time to time as my daughter is also in riddrie not far from my granny granda always in my heart keep in touch god bless <3

+Quote Post
*Anne McLaghlin*
post 16th Aug 2012, 03:48pm
Post #86

Hi. All I lived at 16 queens street up above the conroys rose mary and cathaline we all played one another barbs ina I knew all the family well would like to know what's become of them and where they all are now had some good times with kitty carlin singing in her house

+Quote Post
*Eddie Conner*
post 3rd Sep 2012, 05:53am
Post #87

The auld Blackhill days, reading through the posts I recognise a few of the Names, I would have started in st philomenas primary in 1967 I think. I remember Paddy the Bleach man with his wee barra even that was too big for him, He got killed by a big Jeep in the path behind the shops next too the Provanmill inn, Think that was Royston Rd. We stayed on Moodiesburn Street 22, I am surprised noone has mentioned Auld McEwan the hoose bookie, Or wee Aggie that hung oot the wan up windae and ran a shoap fae hur hoose at night selling wee bags of sugar ,tea, slices of bread etc. Spent a lot of time Playing in St Kenneths School on Frankfield street,Doon the Canal, But the best days ever were playing on the boats up the hoggandfield loch then nipping across tae the Rubarb Fields tae steal some rubarb on the way home.

+Quote Post
*Linda Therkildsen*
post 1st Nov 2012, 12:16am
Post #88

QUOTE (Graham T @ 4th Jun 2012, 09:46pm) *
Hi, Im Graham Tarburn, am 1 of Betty McCrimmons boys. yes my aunty Jean had girl Jaqueline who is roughly about 50 or sumfin just now. We all still live in Blackhill just now,(well Provanmill). we are still a close family. I always remember your granny n granda (old mr n mrs Boyle who stayed next door to my mums mum,my wee nana n granda Agnes n Neil McCrimmon. I always remember I used to stay with my nana n I used to go to the shop for old mr Boyle sometimes, and he was always a pleasant old man. I was tellin my mum about this site and she told me to ask you to tell your mum she was askin for her and she hopes everythings goin good for her.

My mom says hello. My mom and dad are retired. My dad was back in Scotland a few years ago. He has a brother there. A few of my cousins on my mom's side still live there too; Caroline little. (McLean). My mom must be wrong about Jean's daughter bcus she thought she was ages with me and i'm 44. What is Jacqueline's dads name? Nice to hear stories about my granda since I didn't get to see him much after we moved to Canada as he wouldn't fly. My granny used to vist. Glad to hear your family is still close.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 1st Nov 2012, 12:21am
Post #89

Hi Kate. Yes my aunt Cathy was a great lady who died way too young. My uncle jack is still in Scotland. I will tell my mom about ur post. Her and my dad are retired and spend their winters in Florida and the rest of the year in Canada.

+Quote Post
**kelly**
post 21st Mar 2013, 09:15pm
Post #90

QUOTE (Guest @ 9th Oct 2010, 08:48pm) *
My parents remember Paddy the dummy. Not eXactly a politically correct name these days considering he was deaf and dumb. He used to cut my grandpa's hair. My dadsaidthere was a Paddy the bleach man who used to sell bleach from his horse and carriage. He also remembers the dirty dozen. A group called the Lindsays.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Feb 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.