Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

246 Pages V  « < 244 245 246  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 01:19pm
Post #3676

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Ah hae ma doots!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 06:03pm
Post #3677

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 22nd Jun 2018, 02:19pm) *
Ah hae ma doots!

Me too. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 06:04pm
Post #3678

Mega City Key Holder
BMW joining Airbus now. unsure.gif

https://bbc.co.uk/news/business-44582831

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 10:17pm
Post #3679

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jun 2018, 08:04pm) *

Nil desperandum. They can all move to the Carse o' Gowrie!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 08:32am
Post #3680

Mega City Key Holder
More "scaremongering"!

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/jaw-...e-brexit/29/04/

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 08:45am
Post #3681

Mega City Key Holder
Two years ago today the Brexit separatists got their way and ripped us out of the EU, perhaps one of them can tell us how much better off we are now we have taken back control, are they enjoying their cake now they're eating it? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post Today, 10:14am
Post #3682

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Re: Post 3675.

Jagz keep dreaming, you will never bring me over to the dark side!

I think all of this talk about BMW and Airbus is rubbish, I doubt very much if any of those companies will pull out of the UK, and if they do it is worth remembering they don't just take their employees' jobs, all the other smaller companies who make and supply parts will go down the tubes too, and many will lose their jobs.

--------------------
Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

Confucius - Chinese Philosopher - [551bc-479bc]

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 10:47am
Post #3683

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jun 2018, 07:04pm) *
BMW joining Airbus now. :unsure:

Funny how the media is jumping on the bandwagon about Airbus. It looks like the fact that Airbus wouldn’t be here today if it hadn’t been for the British taxpayers. Do some research and you will also find that not only was Airbus given UK Government assistance, but it defaulted on paying back some of the money it had been given.

You will also note that components for the Airbus are manufactured over a widespread area of Europe and some components are made in China.

I don’t remember a rallying cry to save Millions of jobs in the manufacturing industries, throughout the UK. Now the anti Brexiteers are shouting as if the Airbus pulling out of the UK is something new.

Where were you all when the Central belt of Scotland became an industrial wasteland. I know where Bilbo was. He was sitting at his desk working as an accountant, while the people who worked with tools were being thrown out of work.

One little reminder. Although this topic has been taken over by Bilbo and Jagz, always making sarcastic comments about people who voted to leave , I will remind them once again, neither of them have put up a well reasoned case for staying in the EU. It is all links to people who are against leaving the EU.

There is never any mention of the fact that the EU is in turmoil. In fighting going on at National level, much of it caused by the number of people coming to the EU to seek asylum. Then there is the issue caused of Tariffs, caused by Trump.

Brexit has now gone down on the priorities list for the EU

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 10:47am
Post #3684

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jun 2018, 07:04pm) *
BMW joining Airbus now. :unsure:

Funny how the media is jumping on the bandwagon about Airbus. It looks like the fact that Airbus wouldn’t be here today if it hadn’t been for the British taxpayers. Do some research and you will also find that not only was Airbus given UK Government assistance, but it defaulted on paying back some of the money it had been given.

You will also note that components for the Airbus are manufactured over a widespread area of Europe and some components are made in China.

I don’t remember a rallying cry to save Millions of jobs in the manufacturing industries, throughout the UK. Now the anti Brexiteers are shouting as if the Airbus pulling out of the UK is something new.

Where were you all when the Central belt of Scotland became an industrial wasteland. I know where Bilbo was. He was sitting at his desk working as an accountant, while the people who worked with tools were being thrown out of work.

One little reminder. Although this topic has been taken over by Bilbo and Jagz, always making sarcastic comments about people who voted to leave , I will remind them once again, neither of them have put up a well reasoned case for staying in the EU. It is all links to people who are against leaving the EU.

There is never any mention of the fact that the EU is in turmoil. In fighting going on at National level, much of it caused by the number of people coming to the EU to seek asylum. Then there is the issue caused of Tariffs, caused by Trump.

Brexit has now gone down on the priorities list for the EU

Danny Harris

+Quote Post

246 Pages V  « < 244 245 246
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Jun 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.