Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Labour Routed In Glasgow, Every Labour MP in city loses their seat
droschke7
post 8th May 2015, 07:57pm
Post #46

Lord Provost
Member No.: 128
I served and fought for my country I'm entitled to an opinion without muppets trying to degrade me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2015, 08:04pm
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (droschke7 @ 8th May 2015, 09:01pm) *
Not horrible and Defo not little Jagz1876, and what Bile would you be talking about? you mean the truth?

Definitely horrible, and little mind, trying to tar the democratic will of the people of Scotland to Nazi's make you the lowest of the low, why can't you and your like minded BritNats accept defeat with a dignified silence instead of spouting lies and smears.

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 8th May 2015, 08:05pm
Post #48

Lord Provost
How can anyione vote for a candidate who wants to headbutt or kick in the **** anyone who disagrees and then claim to be normal? oh well Karma's a bitch and she's already on the way. and Jagz, I'm not small, anything but but I did serve my country and fight in the armed forces so I do have a right to my opinion.

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 8th May 2015, 08:07pm
Post #49

Lord Provost
"Definitely horrible, and little mind, trying to tar the democratic will of the people of Scotland to Nazi's make you the lowest of the low, why can't you and your like minded BritNats accept defeat with a dignified silence instead of spouting lies and smears."

do you mean the same way your mob accepted the Democratic decision NOT to be come independent? Tar your self little minded man.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2015, 08:12pm
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (droschke7 @ 8th May 2015, 09:15pm) *
do you mean the same way your mob accepted the Democratic decision NOT to be come independent? Tar your self little minded man.

We have accepted the referendum decision, and repeating what i said to you only proves my point.

+Quote Post
GG
post 8th May 2015, 08:14pm
Post #51

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
sign_offtopic.gif

Let's move on here and get back on topic. You've both had the opportunity to set out your opinions very clearly, so please let's not dwell here on a clear difference of opinion. Agree to disagree and move on.

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
GG
post 8th May 2015, 08:45pm
Post #52

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
A couple of campaign posters from Glasgow North East taken in the last week. I did not see one Labour poster in the area during the entire campaign. Also, there were quite a few SNP posters in windows in the area but I never saw any Labour ones.

Is it possible that the decent and conscientious Labour supporters were content to see Murphy's brand of (New) Labour fail in such a spectacular fashion so that they can retake control of the party? Time may tell.

GG.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
Alex Saville
post 8th May 2015, 09:27pm
Post #53

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,890
Martin

I read in the papers about the parties knocking on doors during the campaign.
Not seen a soul here in Cowlairs.

1 Labour leaflet through the letterbox, hand-delivered.
1 leaflet each from the SNP, Greens, Lib-Dems, Tories, Labour and the TUSC parties, all courtesy of the postman.
Saw the SNP electioneering at the Springburn Shopping Centre twice, never seen any other parties at all.
Totally surprised this morning to see Wee Willie got his books! Never expected to see that happen!
Gobsmacked at the result and thought I was dreaming.
Goodbye, and good riddance, to the Red Tory Party! All of them!

Alex

+Quote Post
eidas
post 8th May 2015, 10:38pm
Post #54

Settling In
Member No.: 8,904
QUOTE (droschke7 @ 9th May 2015, 06:05am) *
I served and fought for my country I'm entitled to an opinion without muppets trying to degrade me.

Well said!

+Quote Post
eidas
post 8th May 2015, 11:13pm
Post #55

Settling In
Member No.: 8,904
All those people spouting the demise of the Labour Party, believe me, you're going to need that party one day in the not too distant future, why not join it and make it the party it once was. What you have now is Tory by another name.

What amazes me is the people who benefited from the union movement's working conditions and benefits of the 60's through to the 80's, are now the protecting their nest eggs and totally forgotten where it came from. Those conditions and benefits are being eroded on a daily basis.

+Quote Post
*GuestPaulie*
post 8th May 2015, 11:38pm
Post #56

We watched the U.K. election here in South America, courtesy of the BBC.We were shocked that long-time Labour strongholds were falling like tenpins...who'd have thought.

As a former Glaswegian, as far as my working-class family was concerned anyone who voted other than Labour was a "traitor".

The old-time labour party must have been doing something right to have won the hearts and loyalty of the great city of Glasgow. I wonder where it all went wrong.

+Quote Post
dac182
post 9th May 2015, 12:19am
Post #57

Unpacking
Member No.: 26,360
Scottish Labour took the vote of the People of Scotland for granted, as safe seats where they didn't have to work to hard to get a majority - a job for life. The electorate woke up and have given them a opportunity too rebrand the party and regain the trust of the electorate. To do so I believe Scottish Labour will have to become Indepentant of the English Labour(Tory) party. Only then can they truly call themselves "Scottish Labour" and truly fight for the rights of the People of Scotland to be heard. Jim Murphy (Monotone man) is not the leader to do this. Do they have the foresight to do this? - at the moment I think not.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 9th May 2015, 07:20am
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Welcome dac182, I think you are spot on. I'm feeling a bit like the footballer who has scored a goal against the club he used to play for. The demise of the Labour Party I supported has everything to do with how it has been run and who has run it. In the past they have treated the electorate with contempt, the electorate has returned the favour.

Miliband and Murphy, really huh.gif What's the opposite of a dream team unsure.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 9th May 2015, 08:10am
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (eidas @ 9th May 2015, 12:21am) *
All those people spouting the demise of the Labour Party, believe me, you're going to need that party one day in the not too distant future

Are people not entitled to their opinion eidas, or is that only for people who agree with your political view?

+Quote Post
macjackb
post 9th May 2015, 08:37am
Post #60

Unpacking
Member No.: 25,860
"Is it possible that the decent and conscientious Labour supporters were content to see Murphy's brand of (New) Labour fail in such a spectacular fashion so that they can retake control of the party? Time may tell."

I'd be tempted to think that was the case GG, but for the fact that something like 2% of the population is now a member of the SNP. This article shows that what we've seen in their rise seems to be more than just a mood swing:

https://theconversation.com/depth-of-snp-su...the-1970s-40707

There has been a great deal of derision thrown at the Labour Party since the election results, much of it not undeserved. Perhaps their biggest single fault has been long standing complacency. During much of my 50-odd years, the prevailing feeling towards them has been one of 'they're crap, ineffective, corrupt and have no backbone, but they've come from us and they're all we've got'. That's a disaster waiting to happen, and once Blairism took charge and Labour started to become Tory not just in practice but in theory, the disaster was spawned. In the SNP, we had a party that for many years stood virtually devoid of political thought aside from a misty-eyed desire for independence. In other words, a vacuum waiting to be filled by a people desperate for hope. We've poured that into them, and the rush of membership may well mean that they can't back out of it even if there is a rump of old-school tartanism that's uncomfortable with all these social-democratic oiks. This is what would mean real trouble for Labour, because there would be literally no point in them any more; those of us who want a right-wing opposition to the SNP already have the Conservatives.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.