Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> People Make Glasgow, New slogan for the city
mikeyomac
post 30th Jun 2013, 07:06pm
Post #46

Super Resident
Member No.: 25,681
Glasgow. Our kinda Town... Do you want my bank details Mr Matheson for my 500000 pounds?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 30th Jun 2013, 09:12pm
Post #47

Embarrassing, unoriginal, condescending, foolish, inane, ridiculous, silly, trivial, weak, puerile, unsophisticated, absurd, asinine, birdbrained, idiotic, ludicrous, silly, vacuous, witless.

Apart from that ... I like it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
angel
post 1st Jul 2013, 12:45am
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 28th Jun 2013, 01:20pm) *
Isobel in my view in a word,"No."
What does this slogan mean?
I cant get my thought process round what it means.People make Glasgow. Well people make most things in this life, but is Glasgow a special case? Who gets money for coming away with this dross.
Its a load of wallop.

Jupiter , I agree with your post's , smile.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
*John Bogie*
post 1st Jul 2013, 01:43pm
Post #49

QUOTE (Guest @ 29th Jun 2013, 09:46am) *
As stated above, very average. It sounds unfinished.......needs something at the end of it, e.g. People make Glasgow ........

It is a forgettable slogan and could be applied to any city. Maybe it could be turned around, Glasgow makes people (smile, come back, happy).

After reading this and other posts, I don't think people understand !

The whole point is IT'S MEANT to be unfinished, so as a new word can be added each time, thereby giving you a refreshing new slogan innumerable times.

That's what is so clever about it !

+Quote Post
CAT
post 1st Jul 2013, 02:47pm
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,390
Yes we are getting it were not thick the point is why are we spending money on this when we have real issues. Surley marketing Glasgow was part of the comonwealth games budget.
I'm in sales and marketing and while I think it's not bad it's not that fabulous and can relate to any major city town or country so what's our USP

+Quote Post
GG
post 1st Jul 2013, 10:44pm
Post #51

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Have to agree with you, CAT. Apart from being condescending and manipulative (in the political context), it's also quite clear that the people running this wee show were unable to identify any USP Glasgow has to offer in competition with other cities. Considering that politicians in the city have spent £billions over the last few years alone on trying to regenerate, encourage investment, and attract tourists, that is a damning indictment of the level of failure ... not to mention joined-up thinking.

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
GG
post 1st Jul 2013, 10:45pm
Post #52

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
QUOTE (John Bogie @ 1st Jul 2013, 02:51pm) *

The whole point is IT'S MEANT to be unfinished, so as a new word can be added each time, thereby giving you a refreshing new slogan innumerable times.

I don't think it's clever at all, John. The way I see it, it's called 'hedging your bets'. It opens up the city fathers to accusations of lack of leadership, vision and belief. Something bolder and brighter would have been better.

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
jonsglasgowguide
post 2nd Jul 2013, 12:03am
Post #53

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,533
I personally think the rebranding is one of the biggest wastes of public money for a long time there was nothing wrong with Glasgow'smilesbetter that was that good there was even a song for it and I would like to know why the amount of money wasted here and on such other nonsense as redoing George Square when it could be used to help the housing and education of the people of Glasgow and the fact that I posted current pictures of Kelvingrove Bandstand which is in such a state of disrepair that I am almost certain that it will be removed altogether and perhaps throw a new state of the art building which will be under used instead please spend the money on regenerating the current building and as I said before education and housing and stop going by what the unelected members of Westminster tell you that we need for the city...we need someone to stand up and (like Zammo said) Just Say No...rant over...by the way I have attached a pic of the bandstand to see if you all agree...get it sorted GCC

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
John Clarke (formerly Logue)

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 2nd Jul 2013, 09:33am
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
Totally agree with you Jon.... total waste of money when there are far more important things for that money to be spent on.... just ask the people!! Like here in the East End its the Winter Gardens in Tollcross Park. Just like the Kelvingrove Bandstand its in such a state of disrepair but is there any help from the council bigwigs?? Its just shameful what is happening across the city as these destroyers let everything fall down or knock it down. But if its for the yuppy mob in George Square then NO expense will be spared. £100K on a waste of money for the George Square revamp or £500K on a waste of money for a new logo we dont need. People Make Glasgow?? Well one thing the people in Glasgow dont make is the bloomin decisions!!

+Quote Post
CAT
post 2nd Jul 2013, 09:36am
Post #55

Mega City Key Holder
I thought the bandstand was being done as part of the comonwealth games project a the bowling is to be held over there. I have just looked into this after jons post and now find that this is not so and that friends of Kelvingrove have applied for lottery heritage funding to save it. Honestly just when I think GCC can't get any worse they get me again. This seems to me a no brainer as it would get good public use and would not be a blot on the landscape for our visitors.
Never mind People Make Glasgow more like Mathieson Ruins Glasgow.

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 2nd Jul 2013, 10:22am
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
Sounds familiar to me CAT.... we were told Tollcross Park Winter Gardens would benefit from having the 2014 Games on our doorstep but that didnt happen for us. No Games Legacy here.... except for the fatcats property developers that is!!

People Make Glasgow.... Aye Right!! angry.gif

+Quote Post
DavidT
post 2nd Jul 2013, 11:09am
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,194
QUOTE (John Bogie @ 1st Jul 2013, 01:51pm) *

People understand it ok. If they didn't understand it then it would have been an even bigger waste of half a million quid. If an unfinished slogan is all you need for a work of genius then how about..
Glasgow's miles....
I belong to.....
Shiny slogans and brochures are a waste of...

+Quote Post
CAT
post 2nd Jul 2013, 01:48pm
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
I'm fed up with my hard earned cash getting spent on..... sad.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 2nd Jul 2013, 01:58pm
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (CAT @ 2nd Jul 2013, 10:44am) *
Never mind People Make Glasgow more like Mathieson Ruins Glasgow.

Cat, I think you mean Matheson, but I kinda go along with your version. laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
CAT
post 2nd Jul 2013, 02:01pm
Post #60

Mega City Key Holder
ohmy.gif I'm tellin. There's enough trouble on these boards, Mathieson if you read this I'm sorry for blackening yer good name smile.gif Spelling was never my strong point.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.