Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Womens World Cup Soccer, Including the 2015 tournament
Melody
post 6th Jul 2015, 12:23pm
Post #106

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Strange the way men's football never really took off in America although the women's game did.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angel
post 6th Jul 2015, 02:45pm
Post #107

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
I would think that , American football , Baseball , and Basketball , would be very good reasons .

The USA puts lots of monies into finding and developing their best athlete's and of course most colleges do have their own sporting programs . Also men's soccer has not been around for as long as in Europe . and probably will never make the same level of interest that American football etc. has .

I guess it's a mans world but the women have it with Soccer they do have good sponsor's and of course the government programs, so when it comes to men and women's soccer , its a simple case of making money and pride in the sports field .

I wish it was the same in Canada !

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 7th Jul 2015, 03:54pm
Post #108

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
The women's world cup final was one of the best soccer games I have ever watched without a doubt.....the television viewership was over 25 million,not bad at all!

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 9th Jul 2015, 01:37pm
Post #109

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
What a refreshing change.. no rolling and writhing on the ground ,no prima donna tantrums ,no trying to influence referees to book players, just good clean endeavour , and also wonderful skills. I thoroughly enjoyed every game I watched..
Congratulations to team USA , ( though they were lucky against the the Aussie women, biggrin.gif ) they deserved to win the series.. Looking forward to watching more of the same , in the future.

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 19th Jul 2015, 06:53pm
Post #110

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
My wifes sister the goalkeeper with her arm in the air at the back of the group, when she played for Scotland Ladies, the top photo after beating Ireland 9-1 in 1971. the bottom photo she is at the back on the extreme left with the rest of the squad before a tournament in 1974.

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 19th Jul 2015, 07:41pm
Post #111

Mega City Key Holder
Great pics Dave!!...good for her!!

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 22nd Jul 2015, 01:02am
Post #112

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Melody @ 6th Jul 2015, 05:31am) *
Strange the way men's football never really took off in America although the women's game did.

90,000 to 100,000 expected at the "Rose Bowl" in Los Angeles to watch Los Angeles Galaxy v FC Barcelona.....traffic jams on freeways.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 22nd Jul 2015, 05:12am
Post #113

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
The Vancouver Whitecaps have been doing really well this year, especially at away games, they even beat the L>A> Galaxy (sorry Wellfield had to put that in yes.gif) They have had almost sell-outs at B.C. Place this year.

Oops, this is supposed to be Women's soccer.....

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jun 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.