Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Weather, What's it like where you are?
carmella
post 3rd Oct 2009, 06:57pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58

I went out shopping for my aunt this afternoon just after lunch time, got caught in the rain which was aided by a gale force wind, but no matter, her shopping is done, so I don't have to get up too early tomorrow morning.

I came back home, closed all the doors, including the storm doors, and have been relaxing reading, and surfing around the various forums I'm on.

Sitting in my wee office, which is right at the back of the house, feeling quite content (unusual for me) because I can hear the howling wind coming in off the sea, and blasting the house, the roof and the windows. There's something peaceful about weather like this when you are warm and cosy inside and its awful outside.

Neil is sitting in another room whilst I'm sitting here typing away, he is reading and listening to Classic FM, which I can also hear way back here and it's just a lovely feeling.

I think we should take time every once in a while, maybe even using this thread to find out what the weather is like where everyone is - that always interests me.

I was thinking that it's going to be a long winter, because we all know that from now on the weather up here will get worse, and may still be bad until March or April. I can remember in the 80s we had snow down here as late as April, I remember being stuck in a drift on my way to work, goodness I'll never forget that.

Depending of course, on where you live in Scotland, but certainly where I live which is right next to the sea in Ayr, for anyone who knows Ayr I live facing the Low Green and the shore, believe me when I say, if we get strong winds to gale force, we certainly feel it.

Anyway, if you agree, I thought it would be a nice we thread just out of interest.

--------------------
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from wise men.

Marcus Cato (234BC - 149BC) Roman "statesman, historian"
"In ""The Speaker's Electronic Reference Collection,"" AApex Software, 1994."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 3rd Oct 2009, 07:43pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Carmella ah widnae huv been surprised if ye'd said Catherine check that windae an see if it's shut....such wis the picture ye painted there ah thoat ah wis innit alang wae ye laugh.gif

It's been a change here this last week, gotten much cooler and there's been quite a bit of rain.
I feel as if it's happened too fast, we've no had any kind of transition and I've been frozen. Dark nights much earlier too.

Joanne and Tori come this Thursday for a week....am feart tae tell them it's baltic laugh.gif

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...

+Quote Post
carmella
post 3rd Oct 2009, 08:35pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Oh Catherine that's a funny reply. laugh.gif I love it.

I hate dark nights, don't know what it's like where you are in Toronto but, you know in winter here it's dark at 4 o'clock and if its a dull wet day, it can be lights on long before then.

Mind you, I always love to see snow, so long as I don't have to drive in it, but we don't get hardly any snow down here in the south west, especially in Ayr, Prestwick etc.

I always used to say, that it would be lovely if we could have a white Christmas always, there's just something lovely about that.

Will be checking my lotto numbers shortly - so hope to be a big winner - then again, don't we all LOL.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 3rd Oct 2009, 11:47pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Catherine is right it has suddenly got colder here winter is fast approaching. Mind you today was really nice ,brisk and sunny here in Georgetown.The tree's are beautiful right now with all the fall colours. Mind you I think we can pack the shorts away for another year, what you think Catherine?Maybe an Indian summer still to come.......
Was listening to the weather channel and Calgary is expecting snow.I wonder how our friends out west are feeling about that.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 4th Oct 2009, 12:07am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
The rain they promised us, from Wednesday, here in the south west of Germany still hasn't come. Maybe someone thinks Kris and I saw enough of that in Scotland.
I love the dark but a night like tonight is also ok ...
everything bathed in moonlight courtesy of a beautiful big full moon. But give me so dark that you see only a skyfull of stars. And here you can wait till as late as almost nine o'clock for the last bit of daylight to hand over to the night.
The rest of Germany is having its rain of course. Including Berlin.
Poor ol' Ross.

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
the brauns
post 4th Oct 2009, 12:23am
Post #6

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,882
We have your rain here Tee! It's been raining here for the past few days and is cold as well. I don't like the long cold dark nights either and this is just the beginning of the long winter season. It seems Fall has completely been taken over this year and we've gone straight to winter. I hope not!!

+Quote Post
Elma
post 4th Oct 2009, 12:33am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,650
Well folks, the snow has arrived!!!! Our ski hill, which is 5 minutes drive from the centre of town was covered this morning, thankfully it hasn't hit our roads yet but it is cold enough for it. A few days ago we were enjoying 20+ degrees and now suddenly this sad.gif I turned on the heat yesterday and today it's into the winter woollies. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 4th Oct 2009, 01:20am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Slighty autumnal, with the threat of more rain and gales looming large on a grey leaden horizon.

But all is well, thats normal for here in summer.

<dodges a low flying sheep>

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 4th Oct 2009, 01:47am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (Rabbie @ 4th Oct 2009, 02:08am) *
Slighty autumnal, with the threat of more rain and gales looming large on a grey leaden horizon.
But all is well, thats normal for here in summer.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
jock
post 4th Oct 2009, 05:53am
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 32
Warm and sunny along the coast. Hot inland. Rain badly needed.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 4th Oct 2009, 06:33am
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Rain is something you badly need in California right now I know. Before we had the rain here recently, it hadn't rained for a while, not the real good heavy stuff you need to keep all the new plants in the garden alive.

Loved your comment Rabbie - that's a good one.

Normal for here in the Summer LOL.

I woke up early this morning, so here I'm sitting in my wee office, I've got the window slightly open and there's a definite change in the air, a hint of winter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 4th Oct 2009, 06:50am
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
Its getting warmer every day , s'gonna be a stinker of a summer.

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
Tori G
post 4th Oct 2009, 08:09am
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,927
Penny I do believe we are in for a hot summer.

Ah wonder if the weather over here in the west is going to ever get to spring condition's, after 29 rainy days in a row accompanied by icy winds, ... I personally cant wait for it to finally be spring, sure we need the rain, but a few usually normal spring days would be nice.

Carmella I understand what you mean, being inside and feeling content when its raining and blowing a gale outside, I live right next to the beach front too, nice to stand outside and watch the white peaks on the waves roll in, though when the weathers too bad good to be inside looking out.

--------------------
Thats what I think anyway

+Quote Post
brian432
post 4th Oct 2009, 09:14am
Post #14

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,340
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 4th Oct 2009, 08:38am) *
Its getting warmer every day , s'gonna be a stinker of a summer.

Half yer luck, we,ve got 18 deg and rain mad.gif

--------------------
Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband!!!!!

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 4th Oct 2009, 09:53am
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
28 C Sunny- not a cloud. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st Aug 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.