Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gangster, Whats going on
Tom
post 9th Feb 2004, 08:52pm
Post #1

Super Resident
Member No.: 65
Just read the Daily Record on the web is Glasgow going downhill.

TODAY the Record exposes the shocking truth behind Scotland's 200 million secret sex industry.

At least 5000 prostitutes work on our streets, in saunas and flats or through the internet.

Nearly every penny they make goes straight into the pockets of drug barons and organised crime bosses and their networks of drugs, money laundering and violence.

And 97 per cent of the girls who sell their bod-ies on the streets are hooked on drugs. We can also reveal Scotland is being targeted by gangsters who traffic sex slaves for huge profits.

Last night top Strathclyde police chief Graeme Pearson vowed to beat the gangsters running this ''unacceptable business'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Heather
post 9th Feb 2004, 10:56pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
I read that article in the Daily Record today.
Apparently Glasgow is the new vice capital of Scotland, while Edinburgh has been hit by crack cocaine vice gangs.
There are about 9 pages of it. I was so disgusted at reading what was going on I could not finish it. It's not just young women in their teens & twenties, but even women in their forties are at it.!!!!!!

mad.gif

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 9th Feb 2004, 11:37pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
Think you will find it is a world wide,problem.The difference here is, that someone has spoken out about it,and brought it to the attention ,of the public in general.Most city fathers, like to keep a lid on this.It affects tourism and trade,then there is also the corruption of officials.

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 9th Feb 2004, 11:43pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Don't forget though Heather, the majority of those women are desperate for the drugs these bastards supply them with, and they're left with the only means they have left in order to feed their habit, many times introduced to them by the same bastard....Excuse my language, but these people are gutter, and know EXACTLY what they're doing.
This weekend in Toronto, a couple that live in a district no ten minutes away from us were picked up with drugs in their home at a street value of 2 million plus dollars, makes me sick to the stomach. Schools surround this city, there's six in my area alone within a miles radius.

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...

+Quote Post
Heather
post 10th Feb 2004, 12:14am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
No wonder it makes you sick Catherine.
You wonder what chance young people have, when drugs are being sold in and around Schools.

I can't remember if it was todays paper or yesterday's. It reported the high rate of prostitution on Tayside. Which the Police are denying.
The awful thing about it was the amount of children involved. What made it so bad, was that some of those children are being sold into prostitution by their own parents, for the money.
When some of those children grow up, they may get as far away from their parents as possible, and make a decent life for themselves, but for others it will be a way of life.

Their parents should be strung up, because they are the sickest of the lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hubert
post 10th Feb 2004, 02:14am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
Heather you got the parents sickest of the lot probably right, because amongst addiction some are sicker than others, but I doubt if you would have a person with cancer strung up, so why an addict?

+Quote Post
Archie Millar
post 10th Feb 2004, 12:07pm
Post #7

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 3
hubert --- how can you compare cancer patients in the same breath as drug addicts I am a cancer patient about to go to-day for my fourth session of treatment for which I have to travel sixty miles---Perhaps if the "do gooders" who advocate rehabilitation for these people would spend some time on the Oncology wards they would see where the money should be spent

--------------------
am still standin'

--
GG Update:

Sadly Archie passed away in March 2007:

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8646

GG.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 10th Feb 2004, 03:29pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Archie addiction is recognized as a disease by the medical people in America, if not the world.
Hope your treatments go well, I will pray that they do!
Yes there are people that say and think that addiction is a weakness, a lack of will power.
The phenomenon of craving, of drugs whether it be nicotine, alcohol, or any other addictive drug are diseases.
I was a EAP member in a job, representing the union, and did quite a bit of reading on addiction, dont know a great deal, even a lot doctors dont?
If you ever get a chance read "The doctors opinion" in the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Archie you know you have cancer and are doing something about it, which is great, alcoholism is a diseaes that will tell you that you dont have it.
Heard a story, from a doctors meeting years ago, at the podium this doc was getting aye right alcoholisms not a disease.
He said there was a man that liked bananas, well he ate that many one day and made himself sick, he didnt go back to the store the next day and buy more bananas?

+Quote Post
Heather
post 10th Feb 2004, 03:31pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Totally agree with you Archie. I have lost close family members to Cancer and also one Brother to Motor Neurone.
In the USA & Canada, Motor Neurone is known as: Lou Geritt disease. ( I do not know if that is the correct spelling but I think those who live in these Countries will know what I mean).

There is no way anyone can compare this type of illness or any genuine illness with drug addiction, like smoking, you do it by choice. I am not picking on people who smoke, as I am one myself, but if we had known years ago the health problems smoking caused, would we still have done it????????.
The health problems Drug Addiction cause, are well publicised so people go into it with their eyes open, as I now do every time I light a cigarette.
It's the young children who are led into before they are old enough to understand what they are getting into, that I feel sorry for.

I can think of no reason on the earth to justify Parents selling their children into prostitution.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 10th Feb 2004, 04:10pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
This is a hard one for me to articulate because I have so many thoughts in my head trying to explain things the way I see them .

Not for a minute do I believe Hubert was intentionally or otherwise in any way,out to undermine cancer, it's the OUTCOME of living with disease, be it brought into your life with or without your own choice.

Many on this board have lived with, are living with, and surviving cancer right now.
Many on this board are praying for yourself Archie, we have to have faith in this treatment to work. God Bless both yourself and Nora and please hear our prayers God.

I too smoke Heather, I know I shouldn't but I continue to.
To send my children into prostitution in order to be able to buy a packet of cigarrettes is unthinkable and beyond the insult of my intelligence.
Yet....Again... I KNOW I shouldn't smoke but continue to do so????

Just how far a human being goes in order to justify rightly or wrongly what they do has no boundries for some...not because they don't admit they're wrong...but because the disease of addiction has become stronger than they are.

I'm not saying there's not bad people out there, parents amongst them.
I'm jist saying people get lost along the way and drug addiction can take over.
Many a good parent has brought up beautiful children only to see their beautiful child turn into a stranger.
Heartbreaking and I pray daily it doesn't come to our door one day.

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...

+Quote Post
hubert
post 10th Feb 2004, 04:18pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Thats my point Heather alcoholism or any other addictive drug is a genuine disease, recognised by the AMA!
Sorry to hear you smoke, I had a helluva time quitting that, lost count how many times I quit.
I know I am repeating masel, but Mark Twain said it was easy quitting smoking, he said he did it a thousand times?

+Quote Post
hubert
post 10th Feb 2004, 04:24pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Catherine get aff the fence hen, yer at it again! LMAO

+Quote Post
Scotty
post 10th Feb 2004, 04:25pm
Post #13

Lord Provost
Member No.: 686
I have read all everyone has to say and agree with most of you
Archie I will be thinking of you God Bless

As a Nurse I have seen most things but have to say I have also had Woman who went on the Street to Feed there Kids the only way they knew how not for Drugs or to Pay pimps but just to Survive

I hate Drugs for what they turn People into
But the Pushers they dont take Drugs oh no they live off the Misery of others
They should be locked up and the Key thrown away

We have Red light Districts here also like Jimmy said its everwhere

Very very Sad

My Friend who still lives in Glasgow goes out on the Streets every
Thursday Night with a Charity
And some of the stories she hears would break your Heart

There but for the Grace of God go I

Joan Crawford-Coupe Chester
wub.gif

+Quote Post
Archie Millar
post 10th Feb 2004, 05:49pm
Post #14

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 3
I'm not looking for sympathy ---in fact, I'm sorry I brought up the subject! but to read about drug addicts on the same vein as the Big C --I'm sorry I went off the deep end ---subject finished
Nuff said

--------------------
am still standin'

--
GG Update:

Sadly Archie passed away in March 2007:

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8646

GG.

+Quote Post
Marg
post 10th Feb 2004, 05:54pm
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13
Archie, you have nothing to be sorry for pal I know what your going through and I know sympathy is the last thing you'd want , Take care ( even if we're off topic a wee bit here). wub.gif Hope all goes well for you this time.

--------------------
God Bless this wee house!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Oct 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.