Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clubs For 40 Somethings, Nights out for the fun loving 40s
Banished
post 3rd Jun 2006, 05:53pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 3,299
Can anybody recommend clubs or pubs for the forty somethings. I have read of more mature people being turned away at the door of some clubs and do not want to face te humiliation. I also like to have a good time without pimply youths in my face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 3rd Jun 2006, 07:11pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
try tiger tiger if there is one in glasgow as the one in london and croydon are for over 25s a bit expensive but you get what you pay for a suppose good luck wink.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
Dexter St. Clair
post 11th Jun 2006, 08:31pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,715
Pubs where the over 40's are more than welcome would include The Chip in Ashton Lane, The Oran Mor and Bonhams in Byres Road.

In town The Ritz bar (if you can put up with Karaoke) and The Bon Accord in North Street, Lauders Bar in Sauchiehall Street, The Atholl Arms in Arta 62 Albion Street, Babbity Bowser 16-18 Blackfriars Street, Beer Café 78 Candleriggs, Blackfriars 36 Bell Street, Clutha Vaults 167-169 Stockwell Street, Horseshoe Bar 17-19 Drury Street (karaoke upstairs) State Bar 148 Holland Street, Station Bar 55 Port Dundas Road and Vroni's Wine Bar 47 West Nile Street

The Riverside Club 33, Fox St, Glasgow for ceilidhs and Goodfoot (Northern Soul)

The Woodside Social Club Woodside Road (Caldonia Northern Soul night) and Supafly

Arta Pub and Club 62 Albion Street

+Quote Post
rossmckenzie
post 11th Jun 2006, 09:05pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 849
A matter of preference I guess....my Mum and Dad hate the Chip now....staff attititude just makes them furious and the Oran Mor man don't even mention that to them...they think it just attracts trash from all over the city...must admit I was outside today during the west end parade....I was blinded by the blink....gold chains and bracelets aint west end...and tatto's defo not class...especially when your an old granny...gross!!!!
Bonhams my mum and dad still love..it has all the good qualities of the west end

--------------------
Abair ach beagan is abair gu math e

+Quote Post
Banished
post 29th Jun 2006, 11:22pm
Post #5

Unpacking
Member No.: 3,299
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll enjoy working my way around this list (hic)

Cheers

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Nov 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.